Client & Reference Data SME
- £60,000 + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 19 Sep 16
My client, one of the worlds largest financial markets institutions are seeking an experienced Client and Reference Data expert who can proactively help drive a team to ensure that it meets its mandated reporting, control and management objectives. The role requires an SME who can be the go to person within the team for all client and reference data correspondence.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Ensure that the department manages its client data by applying and maintaining adequate and sustainable controls commensurate with internal and external requirements.
- Identify and drive adequate control and assurance requirements to support business as usual reporting and those necessitated by change programs.
- Strategic Decision Maker within the team; drive forward change across the department.
- Produce metrics and re-conciliations on numerous internal business data systems.
- Ensure efficient implementation of new regulatory rules from a client data perspective.
- Delivers and Champions the RTB role and drives the team targets and SLA’s to stakeholders.
- Develop rolling program of control assurance over key Client data reconciliations, returns and processes. E.g. ensure any non-standard processes are evidenced and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Provide client data expertise component for any new internal and external projects.
- Ensure effective implementation of Review, Challenge, Change, Control, Review and Optimisation framework.
- Ensure that controls are maintained and developed as necessary to provide assurance, analysis, explanation and evidence of Client Data.
- Ensure that all non-standard data reconciliation processes are understood and documented.
- Business ownership and oversight for all Middleware processes which are driven from trading and other systems.
- Monthly review and internal attestation of client data and reporting to risk management.
- Client data status to various committees, board, senior management, front office and other key stakeholders e.g. group and internal audit.
- Be prepared to be one of the departments’ representatives internally and at similar governance forums.
- Deliver improvements to the rigor and control over the processes used for Client Data including enhancements to procedures and controls and the use management information to demonstrate the effectiveness of their operation.
- Support line reporting and project teams to drive best practice and build/maintain an adequate control environment that is consistent with complementary to other control processes and functions e.g. Risk, Compliance, Finance.
- Aid and deepen skill and knowledge base in the department, and provide insights into best practice utilising experience gained in other organisations.
- Produce client data guidance, procedure and framework and enable and carry out training.
- Ensure department has effective controls in place sufficient to support and explain.
- Strong knowledge of Investment Banking support functions.
- Financial services, background with experience of financial data systems.
- IT skills and ability to quickly adapt to new software systems.
- Strong expertise with relevant client and reference data business, decision support and relevant IT skills, 1 of these operating as a key SME and decision maker.
- Strategic business knowledge re Dodd Frank and EMIR regulation re reference to counterparty classifications and future impacts.
- Have knowledge of Fenergo and other client & reference data reference systems.
Self-starter within a client data or operations team function who can identify issues quickly and come up with new solutions to existing problems and help manage & provide mentoring to junior members of the team.