Client Transactions Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 24 Sep 16
Client Transactions Lead
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$943 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2016, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to with diverse more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Client Transaction Services (CTS) analysts operate within the broader Client Services Group (CSG) and are responsible for are responsible for supporting the operational aspects of various client transition events including new mandate fundings, terminations, all asset-in-kind flows and product/portfolio changes through effective project management, with an emphasis on operational risk and control environment. Analysts will work closely with the global relationship teams, CSG and other functional areas of the firm to ensure a consistent service model in transitioning client assets and to mitigate risk during the client transition event process. A substantial amount of time will be devoted to both internal co-ordination and external communication with custodian banks, third party accounting agents, outsourcing providers, vendors and transition managers. Within the firm, the analysts will work closely with other teams in CSG, the Global Relationship Group. Portfolio Services Group and Investment Services, Trading and other functional areas of the firm to ensure a well-executed and risk managed transition event.
Account set-up and onboarding
- Ensuring the timely and consistent delivery of account opening documentation for new client accounts;
- Supporting new client account onboarding; orchestrating custodial and market openings and trade communication connectivity both internally and externally
- Initiating account record set-up for new accounts and/or portfolios; reviewing and approving new account set-ups; facilitating proper use of internal trade restriction flags
Asset Transfers / Model portfolio & buylists
- Planning and executing the security/asset and cash elements of client transition events (New mandate fundings, terminations, all asset-in-kind flows)
- Assisting with asset-in-kind coordination and asset carve out for client or fund vehicle flows, including:
- Asset list creation and review, creation of representative accounts
- Working with Investors to create model accounts for transitions, including: account set-up, legacy portfolio review, asset set-up, pricing and loading legacy assets
- Review of asset lists re transferability, trading restrictions, guideline compliance, aggregate ownership
- Pre-trade analysis, termination analysis, internal reviews and sign-offs
- Liaison and co-ordination with Transition Managers / legacy investment managers where relevant
- Coordinating the reconciliation, moratorium review and loading of external transition management trade execution files for new or existing accounts
- Segregating shares, applying no buy/no sell restrictions
- Product/portfolio changes with an emphasis on operational risk management and control environment
Event and Project Management
- Being a thought partner to Client Integration Managers, Portfolio Manager/Coordinator and Trading in the development and implementation of our client transition strategies.
- Under direction of Client Transaction Services manager, co-ordinate or lead specific transition events as appropriate
- Participation in Client Service Group projects and initiatives as relevant
Subject Matter Expert
- Expertise consulting (derivatives timing, transferability, market practice)
- Maintaining awareness of industry, custodian bank and regulatory change; develop understanding of different jurisdictions and client requirements
- Contribute to regional library of process and controls by participating in build-out of business tools and reference materials
- Broad knowledge of the investment process, including portfolio construction, trading, investment, custody, fund administration, and deep securities knowledge (including derivatives)
- Excellent organizational, project planning and execution skills including the ability to prioritize and multi-task under time constraints.
- Problem solving skills in terms of understanding client objectives and developing effective and appropriate solutions to meet them
- Strong business judgment and risk awareness, including the ability to synthesize complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, other functions, and other offices.
- Bachelor's degree desirable, coupled with significant number of years relevant industry experience
- Advanced degrees and/or progress towards the CFA designation are viewed favorably
WMIL is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to comply with all applicable requirements set out by the FCA, including in particular, the fitness and propriety requirements outlined by the FCA. WMIL is also supervised in a number of other jurisdictions relating to its investment management services and the successful candidate may also be required to comply with additional requirements.
Client Transactions Lead
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .