Client Partner - Public Sector Financial Services
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 26 Sep 16
Cognizant's Banking and Financial Services Practice encompasses consumer lending, commercial finance, leasing, insurance, cards, payments, investment banking, wealth management and transaction processing. It is the company’s largest industry segment, serving leading financial institutions in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. These include 9 of the top 10
Cognizant's Banking and Financial Services Practice encompasses consumer lending, commercial finance, leasing, insurance, cards, payments, investment banking, wealth management and transaction processing. It is the company’s largest industry segment, serving leading financial institutions in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. These include 9 of the top 10 European banks and 15 of the top 20 North American financial institutions.
The practice leverages its deep domain and consulting expertise to provide solutions across the entire financial services spectrum, and enables our clients to manage business transformation challenges, drive revenue and cost optimisation, create new capabilities, mitigate risks, comply with regulations, capitalize on new business opportunities, and drive efficiency, effectiveness, innovation and virtualisation.
What is the purpose of this role?
This role forms part of Cognizant’s Banking and Financial Services Leadership Team in the UK. The Client Partner plays a strategic role in developing account mining strategies and executing them to win large outsourcing projects leveraging Cognizant’s onshore-offshore model.
What will you accomplish in this role?
As a member of the BFS Leadership Team, key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Developing and owning the IT strategy and P&L for Cognizant’s key public sector clients in the UK financial services sector
- Owning operational and business development responsibility for a number of domain accounts
- Acting as a thought leader and business strategist while partnering with clients to influence solutions that deliver key business benefits to clients, enabling them to optimise efficiencies or transform their revenue opportunities
- Collaborating with account managers and project delivery teams spread globally to manage and develop existing client accounts
- Providing leadership, strategic guidance and motivation to project teams
- Partnering with CXO level stakeholders across UK’s banking and financial services industry and enhancing these relationships
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Proven experience in IT business development or related consulting activities in the public services sector within the UK
- Proven experience in IT business development or related consulting activities in the banking and financial services sector within the UK
- Experience of selling IT solutions across multiple service lines through an onsite-offshore model
- Expertise in client management with cross disciplinary experience in business strategy, project management, product management and account management
- Extensive understanding of IT strategy, the related issues facing CIOs in today’s world and factors influencing their decision-making process
- Understanding of key trends disrupting the banking and financial services industry and providing value-added solutions / suggestions to the client
- Proven experience in executive level stakeholder management in the IT industry, with a successful track record of managing client relationships and ‘farming’ client accounts
- Successful track record of achieving significant growth in revenues within a major client account
- Experience of strategic account planning with practical knowledge of developing complex account plans and implementing them
- The personal presence to act as an effective influencer and negotiator at the most senior levels of client management
- Creative and entrepreneurial in approach but focused on effective delivery and P&L management
- Mentoring project managers/leads & team members from Cognizant, working onsite, to ensure that they are delivering a professional, high quality, high value and responsive service experience to the client while also providing leadership to ambitious sales and delivery teams
- Ambition, dynamism and enthusiasm to contribute to the profitable growth of a very successful and dynamic international organisation
- Prior experience or knowledge of best practices in project management, quality assurance, solution architecture and business processes within the financial services sector would be an advantage
- Demonstrating prowess in revenue forecasting and profitability management
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 233,000 employees as of March 31, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.