Campus Recruiter - Global Technology & Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 22 Aug 17
Senior Campus Recruiter role based in City of London. The role will look after one of the most important areas of the Bank and will require somebody with proven experience working within junior talent acquisition.
Corporate title: up to Vice-President
Location: City of London
Line of Business: Global Human Resources (GHR)
This role is for a Recruiter to work in the Junior Talent team supporting the Global Technology & Operations line of business with all elements of the Campus recruitment programme including; Summer Internship Programme, Full Time Campus attraction and conversion, Spring and Summer Insight Weeks. In addition to this position will provide key partnership to the business and global stakeholders in order to proactively review and define the Diversity and Inclusion agenda and develop strategies to meet short and long term goals.
The role will be based in London however travel to regional offices and universities will be required as part of the role.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch offers a number of outstanding career opportunities designed to attract and retain all skill levels - a chance for both personal and professional development as well as a salary and benefit package designed to reflect the individual's contribution.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
The EMEA Junior Talent team comprises 25+ persons and is dedicated to the attraction and selection, hire and development of full time and summer internship candidates for the following business lines:
- Global Markets (Sales, Trading, Structuring & Research)
- Global Corporate & Investment Banking
- Global Technology & Operations
- Global Risk Management
- Global Corporate Treasury
The Junior Talent team is a busy, high energy team, which deals with a high volume of applications and hires. Peak campus activity occurs September - March when the bulk of the events are held on campus and the majority of applications are received.
Alongside the Summer Internship Programme which runs across all business areas for 10 weeks during the summer, there are a number of other Fixed Term Placement programmes which run throughout the year.
The Global Technology & Operations recruiter role is a high profile role with responsibility for managing the Junior Talent recruitment needs of the line of business. This is an exciting time to join and support this line of business, supporting a new people agenda across both Technology and Operations.
- Partners with the specific line of business, human resources and the wider Junior Talent team to determine and execute the recruitment strategy, including;
- Headcount and forecasting
- Attraction: University and event activity
- Diversity and inclusion activity
- Engagement plan
- Return on investment analysis
- Insight and internship activity
- Identifies and manages the candidate pipeline in partnership with the rest of the JT team
- Leads and facilitates line of business specific assessment activity and facilitates final offer decisions
- Leads and executes on positive action in LOB specific recruitment activity in support of line of business and firm wide talent strategies
- Partners with regional offices to deliver hiring needs
- Partners with Global Teams to support the on-boarding of FT's and the attendance for US training
- Attends, facilitates and actively supports firm wide and LOB specific events to represent the line of business
- Participates in external junior talent related conferences, sharing insights and feedback with the wider team
- Partners with teams across the wider organisation to deliver mutually beneficial activity e.g. networks and the environmental, social and governance teams
- Actively identifies, escalates and debates risk with the management team
- Some delegation and people management activities included
SKILLS WE LOOK FOR
- Experience working to tight deadlines in a fast moving environment with a range of stakeholders
- Subject matter expertise, knowledge of Campus recruitment practices/the graduate recruitment cycle along with the ability to use market intelligence and analyse market trends to provide insights to graduate applicants
- Experience of developing and delivering recruitment strategies and processes to improve outcomes (i.e. decreased time to hire, increased quality of hire)
- Experience working with the business to develop a clear understanding of what "top talent" looks like
- Experience identifying areas of process improvement, service enhancement, related strategic projects and opportunities to drive innovation, change and best practice throughout the solution
- Ability to liaise with and influence all levels of management to agree a change of direction or new process
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and proven experience of resolving conflict
- Ability to drive global consistency and best practices
Nice to have
- Experience of recruiting other types of junior talent e.g. apprenticeships, schools leavers
- Project management experience
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.