C++ Platform Engineer - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Sep 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Application Opening Date: 30 August 2017
Application Closing Date: 26 September 2017
As part of the Platform group, you will be working in a team to modernise the use of C++ and the related tool chain for all of Goldman Sachs engineering. Your work will allow our engineers to develop products faster, with higher quality, and improved performance.
Provide leadership on our digital strategy around our web presences. Decrease time to market by collaborating with the app teams on business critical web based solutions. Provide a standard set of capabilities to the firm to facilitate modern service based architectures.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Produce high quality, documented, tested, maintainable code which is adopted across engineering
- Provide expert guidance to our engineering community
- Excel at building strong relationships with other engineers
- Enjoy collaboration and open to adopting new ideas
- Excited to grow your career with us and to lead projects/teams over time
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or a related discipline required
- Significant software development experience essential
- End-to-end website development experience required
- Prior involvement with process improvement/automation initiatives required
- Involvement with user interface design and implementation, issue investigation, optimisation, bug-fixing required
- Experience of converting hard-coded systems to leaner ones required
- Strong design and implementation/delivery experience required
- Demonstrable expertise in modern C++ and related tool chains required
- Knowledge of scripted languages, Python required
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn and embrace new programming languages required
- Proficiency with Windows/Unix system programming required
- Must be comfortable in managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
- Strong communication (verbal and written) required
- Must be a team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.