Business Intelligence Engineer
- Highly Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Sep 17
A unique opportunity to join a well funded startup who offer amazing opportunities for career development and additional personal and employment benefits!
Our client is a regulatory technology organisation that helps businesses digitally verify people’s identities.
Founded by ex Oxford University students, they have received over $30m in funding from investors including Salesforce Ventures and Idinvest Partners. They use machine learning to carry out checks in 195 countries for global customers.
They are looking for BI Engineer to join their newly formed Analytics team and take the lead in building their core BI capability. This is a unique opportunity to shape how they structure and maintain their data warehousing and will form the foundations for a fast growing start up/scale up.
The individual will be paramount in helping the Analytics Team solve their most important business questions.
Day to Day
- BI Infrastructure: develop and maintain a robust and scalable data platform. Responsible for ingestion, transformation and manipulation of data ready for analysis, e.g. building pipelines through APIs, managing the ETL process
- Database admin: maintain, monitor and finetune their Redshift data warehouse, architecting data models that are performant and scalable
- Database performance: regularly monitoring their legacy systems and finding ways to continue to tune and optimise databases
- BI Support: supporting the Analytics team to maintain the semantic layer between the data warehouse and their front-end analytics tool
- Experience in data architecture, database design and data pipeline design
- Experience working with relational and nonrelational databases e.g. RedShift/DynamoDB
- Collaborating with various business stakeholders is a strength. This includes being able to communicate complex problems simply and quickly grasp how their work fits into solving a business need.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining ETL processes
- Experience in at least one scripting language e.g. Bash, Python
- Experience working with BI tools such as Tableau/Looker/JasperSoft (NTH)
- Experience having built scalable data systems, diagnosing and solving performance issues
- Exposure to AWS
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Monthly company dinners
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Relaxed and informal office environment
- Vision Check up
- Career Sabbaticals
- Structured Training
- Investment into technology
- Flexible Working Hours
- Variety of Work Experience
We look forward to receivng your application.