Business Development Services Specialist
Salary: Market Rate
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Job Description The global marketing function is responsible for all aspects of marketing to Retail, Intermediary, Institutional, Insurance Asset Management and Financial Institutions Groups. Marketing includes event organisation, production of literature, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and presentations, digital, PR and advertising. Positioned within global marketing,Job Description
The global marketing function is responsible for all aspects of marketing to Retail, Intermediary, Institutional, Insurance Asset Management and Financial Institutions Groups. Marketing includes event organisation, production of literature, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and presentations, digital, PR and advertising.
Positioned within global marketing, the Business Development Services team is responsible for completing RFPs and other new business and existing client submissions for institutional and intermediary channels. The team covers multiple locations including Continental Europe, the UK, the Middle East and Africa.
The objective of the role is to position products and services in a compelling way to prospects and existing clients of Schroders’ businesses through completing Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQs), Requests For Information (RFIs), RFPs, Standard RFPs, Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQs) and supporting materials as required.
To achieve this, the individual will be required to produce first class, timely, professional output that will continue to build Schroders’ profile, profitability and client base whilst liaising effectively with Sales and Product professionals and other stakeholders in the new business process across Schroders.
The job holder will be expected to demonstrate Schroders’ Values: striving for Excellence; working with Innovation & Teamwork; having Passion and Integrity.
The job holder has responsibility to pay due regard to the interests of our customers and treat them fairly, ensuring that the information provided to clients on products and services is clear and useful and enables them to understand fully what they are being offered. They are required to familiarise themselves fully with the team’s current procedures, FCA compliance requirements, and the principles behind ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ and ‘Conduct Risk’.
Responsibilities & skills
- Prepare accurate, complete first drafts and polished final, compliant RFPs, RFIs, DDQs, Standard RFPs and PQQs that successfully move the firm forward to the next stage of the selection process. This includes developing key messages into an executive summary for RFPs to deliver a compelling submission.
- Ensure submissions are completed by the required deadline, maintaining an open line of communication with all parties involved.
- Demonstrate the ability to work consistently, diligently and well under pressure. Always work with others in an open and co-operative way.
- Liaise with Product Management, Distribution, Infrastructure and other subject matter experts to obtain the right information and prepare detailed proposal content. Edit standard and bespoke material to suit the client/mandate’s requirements.
- Implement the team’s best practice proposal process in each submission, applying it appropriately depending on the complexity of the individual submission.
- Follow the defined processes for the use of the RFP database (Qvidian), including identifying new or updated content to be included on a timely basis.
- Co-ordinate and assume end to end ownership of submissions from allocation through to delivery.
- Demonstrate professional behaviours and a “can do attitude”. Maintain focus on delivering to a high standard in a rigorous and professional way. Be motivated to achieve the best and expect the best from others.
- Provide support to other team members at all times, particularly during the busiest periods.
- Contribute to team-based initiatives.
- Undertake data checks for other team members, and once appropriate and training received, compliance checks.
- Assist other business areas within Schroders as required.
- Where appropriate attend Schroders and external industry events to further market and product knowledge
- Record and file all materials in accordance with FCA requirements and the process manual.
Knowledge & experience:
- Financial services or asset management experience is desirable. Asset management proposal experience is advantageous.
- An understanding of and interest in asset management.
- An understanding of the broad asset classes (equity, fixed income, real estate and alternatives).
- Strong team player, with the ability to use own initiative and a self-starter.
- Ability to interact effectively in a professional environment.
- Experience using a content database (i.e. Qvidian or equivalent) is advantageous
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Strong numeracy and literacy
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Efficient and well-organised
- Good interpersonal skills
- Candidates should be educated to degree-level (or equivalent)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Language skills an advantage
- IMC (or equivalent, or the ambition to do so)