Business Analyst, Data IT- Asset Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 19 Sep 17
Schroders requires a Business Analyst with experience of working within Data-orientated projects with Asset Management for an initial 6 month contract.
Data IT is responsible for the delivery of change and maintenance of several central systems of the Core Application Platform that service all of Schroders. Security data (Eagle PACE), Pricing data (Markit EDM - CADIS), Benchmarks data (CADIS), Client & Portfolio data (Eagle PACE) and system integration responsibilities all sit within Data IT. Delivery responsibilities that sit within other IT Departments also require Data Services resources to deliver change through these core systems. The team consists of Project Managers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts and Developers supplemented by shared resources from the testing, architecture and infrastructure teams.
Overview of role
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join the project teams tasked with the definition, modelling and implementation of the data-related requirements for stakeholders across investment desks, operational teams and other large IT change projects. Requirements will need to be gathered from senior stakeholders in Fixed Income, Equities, Multi-Asset, Compliance and Data Services. Liaison with Business Analysts in other IT projects required, e.g. Charles River, Derivatives Platform, Investment Risk etc.
Translation of requirements into flexible, strategic functional data design required as pertaining to data warehouses, data masters and data workflow.
- Requirements gathering (global scope across multiple investment business units)
- Documentation of a fully traceable business requirements document
- Functional and logical design of a solution to meet requirements taking into account future flexibility
- Stakeholder walkthroughs
- Supporting technical design and testing stages
- Improve instrument and data coverage
- Improve duplicate security matching
- Enhance security creation functionality
- Improve data validation
- Improve data sourcing
- Provide user-configurable cross-referencing of code translations and mappings
- Implement real-time intraday publication of new and updated security data to consuming applications