Business Analyst - Order management System
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Emagine Consulting
- 08 Aug 17
Business Analyst - IT MiFID BA
emagine Consulting – IT Business Analyst (OMS)
About Us, emagine is a Business & Technology Consultancy established almost 30 years ago. Privately owned with over 100 million turnover, emagine Consulting provides Managed Services to financial clients with low population, high impact teams of game-changing experts. emagine also heavily invest in FinTech – we are currently launching HoptroffTime- a synchronised atomic clock for time stamping trades accurate up to 10 nanoseconds.
We specifically operate onshore only covering advisory, project delivery and augmentation. We have successfully provided highly-skilled specialists to over 1,000 customers for projects in more than 20 countries. Every year, we offer our consultants 3,000 new project opportunities where our emagine experts stand for Business & Technology know-how, innovative drive and quality.
emagine provides services into financial clients including; Investment Banks, Stock Exchanges and Central Banks. Our consultancy services cover:
- Risk Management & Regulatory Compliance
- Software Development & Testing
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
Experience: Front office eTrading - Technical Business Analyst that can work on the business and IT side (MiFID II)
OMS experience such as:
Implemented OMS and understand the business impacts and flows of such a programme
Previous experience of SalesTrader workflows
Developing the Business processes
Cuts across FICC (fixed income, rates, credit, and commodities).
Can be: Asset class agnostic if they have worked on the BA part of an OMS integration.
- Work with the business in order to analyse, document and define business processes and requirements.
- Carry out detailed analysis of specific requirements and identify the effort needed in both IT and the business to support them.
- Ensure that impact to processes and practices within the existing workflow is identified and appropriate changes defined.
- Develop the appropriate artefacts to:-
- Catalogue current and desired state Business processes
- Define the gaps and the requirement for Business Process change - Provide functional documentation of the requirement and how it is delivered.
- Provide input to the functional testing process.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy.
- Maintain the banks Internal Control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points and any issues raised by external regulators.
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Understanding and effectively contributing to complex change projects
- Clearly defining complex requirements and unique projects – often one off initiatives
- Management of stakeholders and sponsors
- Working with multiple delivery and business partner teams across the programme as set out in the business case
- Managing changing priorities in a dynamic environment