Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Salary:£550PD - £800PD
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Contract, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:25 Jun 17
My Client a Tier 1 Investment Bank have a front office based internal consulting group which is mandated to address the businesses concerns on cross functional change. They shape, advise and review upon business drivers and are aligned to the COOs and front office stakeholders.
It is anticipated that candidates have tenure working for a management consultancy and have experience in working with the front office to shape, mobilize, plan and define change requirements.
This is a core business change group, not a technology delivery function; whilst they partner with technology - the core requirement here are for Business Analysts and Project Managers to work with COOs and business management to understand and define what the agenda is; either shape, mobilize, initiative, advise, govern or analyse what needs to be done.
This will also involve giving presentations to senior management, needing to challenge or gain consensus across a conflicting agenda and partner with operations, risk, finance and technology to ensure delivery happens in the most logistical and efficient manner possible.
Core responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Bridge the gap between the business and IT
- Business Reviews
- To Be process design: define future state processes
- Target operating model experience
- Define implementation roadmap for process and IT changes
- Extensive experience in process re-engineering and/or Business analysis - (As Is analysis and To Be design)
- Familiar with front office terms and concepts
- Presentation of processes and business requirements to senior stakeholders using excel and powerpoint
- Critical thinking is key – after analysis; conclude and propose a strategy to reduce risk exposure.
- Managing new project requests and facilitating the prioritisation of such requests, liaising with IT for estimates, tracking progress against the project plan, providing regular updates to all stakeholders, logging and managing project issues.
- Business analysis – compiling and maintaining project documentation such as business specifications, test packs, and project plans, planning and coordinating UATs, obtaining necessary sign offs, and managing implementations.
- Continually reviewing the Best Practice Procedure for the group and ensuring that the London Team adheres to this for all projects in scope for the Book of Work.
- Experience of managing a small team with proven record of good people development.
• Strong analytical skills
• Flexible in managing tasks
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work in a complex, global environment
• Self motivated
• Team player
• Service and customer focus
• Good communication skills
• Good Microsoft Office products knowledge (especially. Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a group that plays a pivotal role in the delivery of strategic solutions across asset class. It is expected that you would have graduated from a red brick university with at least a 2:1, coupled with excellent employment tenure thereafter.
Applicants must be from a management consultancy background with strong communication skills both written and verbally, in addition to having a strong exposure to derivatives and a thorough understanding of the trade lifecycle