BlackRock UK Product Strategist VP/ Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
BlackRock UK Product Strategist VP/ Director
Business Unit Overview:
Our Product Strategists are a critical component of our investment success. They are seasoned investment professionals that partner with our Portfolio Managers and act as the link between them and account managers, playing a central role in facilitating connectivity between investors and distribution. Product Strategists represent their respective investment teams to both internal and external clients, acting as a specialised source of product and market knowledge. Product Strategists are embedded within investment teams allowing them to deliver the highest quality investment communication to all clients globally.
We are actively searching for a UK Equity Product Strategist who will be based in London focusing on the following:
• Drive business growth in the EMEA region by being a proactive business "owner" and a credible face of the UK Fundamental Equity franchise
• Act as a key link to facilitate effective interactions between portfolio managers and clients/ consultants, allowing managers to focus on the day to day running of the funds.
• Act as a credible ambassador for the portfolio managers. When meeting clients, prospects, and/or intermediaries, has the ability to articulate the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific investment products.
• Provide updates on overall financial market performance, economic trends and the team's market outlook.
• Work with both the retail and institutional sales forces in educating them on the UK product range and raising the investment team's profile with the goal of maintaining existing clients and attracting new client opportunities.
• As the primary investment contact for relationship managers within the firm, this role will be seen as the go to person for all day to day queries on the fund management team's investment decisions and market views as well as all product related details.
The role is best suited to someone who is articulate, understands markets, has a strong attention to detail and is interested in equity markets. The candidate will also need strong communication skills, excellent numerical skills, and an understanding of the various functions within BlackRock. The role is diverse and varied. The candidate will be required to deal with colleagues in a diplomatic and persuasive manner and to multi-task in a busy and varied environment.
- Partner with Client Businesses to engage clients, prospects, consultants and intermediaries on BlackRock's overall UK Fundamental Equity investment philosophy, process, and outlook as well as on the performance and positioning of specific products.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base on the investment team's activities and outlook.
- With Portfolio Manager oversight, prepare portfolio reviews, market updates and other timely marketing materials that can be shared with account managers and clients. Operating within a team environment to deliver high quality and timely materials.
- Take a proactive approach to solving clients' investment-related, business and operational issues by serving as the liaison between the investment team and all other areas of BlackRock (compliance, legal, operations, marketing and sales).
- Contribute to new business opportunities, development of marketing strategies, and respond to requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Respond to information requests in a timely manner with a view to helping increase the team's assets under management and uphold superior fund ratings.
- Enable "minimal distraction" for fund managers.
- Through daily responsibilities, develop relationships with partners across the firm, and increase awareness of the team's products throughout BlackRock.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a finance, business or analytical subject. MBA or other advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred.
- Relevant financial markets experience essential in a client service/business development role, within the investment management industry
- Passion for UK equity markets
- Ability to understand and articulate fund management strategies clearly and with confidence.
- Strong presentation as well as oral and written communications skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to develop familiarity and skills using proprietary technology.
- Presence, maturity and credibility to effectively represent internally and externally, and confidence in engaging with internal and external client base
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong research and writing skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes.
- Unimpeachable integrity, strong work ethic and professional disposition.
- Strong level of self-direction, ownership, organisation and initiative.
- Team work oriented with proven organisational skills and ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously. Able to influence without authority.
- Deep knowledge of the UK markets preferred.