BlackRock Natural Resources Product Strategist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
BlackRock Natural Resources Product Strategist
Business Unit Overview:
Our Product Strategists are a critical component of our investment success. They are seasoned investment professionals that partner with our Portfolio Managers and act as the link between them and account managers, playing a central role in facilitating connectivity between investors and distribution. Product Strategists represent their respective investment teams to both internal and external clients, acting as a specialised source of product and market knowledge. Product Strategists are embedded within investment teams allowing them to deliver the highest quality investment communication to all clients globally
We are actively searching for a dedicated lead Product Strategist to work within the Natural Resources equity team based in London. As the primary investment contact for relationship managers within the firm, this role will be seen as the go to person for all day to day queries on the portfolio management team's investment decisions and market views as well as all product related matters.
- Management of the Natural Resources product strategist group
- Driving business growth by being a proactive business "owner" working in conjunction with the Natural Resources team leadership, distribution and product development partners
- Be the credible representative of the Natural Resources Equity portfolio managers to internal and external customers:
- Act as a key link to facilitate effective interactions between portfolio managers and clients/ consultants, allowing managers to focus on the day to day running of their funds.
- Meet with clients, prospects, and/or intermediaries to explain the investment philosophy, process, and performance
- Provide updates on overall financial market performance, economic trends and the team's market outlook.
The role is diverse and varied. The candidate will be required to deal with colleagues in a diplomatic and persuasive manner and to multi-task in a busy and varied environment.
- Enable "minimal distraction" for portfolio managers via the following:
- Partner with relationship mangers (retail & institutional) to engage clients, prospects, consultants and intermediaries on BlackRock's Natural Resources product range
- Through daily responsibilities, develop relationships with partners across the firm, and increase awareness of the team's products throughout BlackRock
- Have overall responsibility and oversight for marketing materials including portfolio reviews, market updates and other timely marketing materials. Promote high quality and compliant output.
- Take a proactive approach to solving clients' investment-related, business and operational issues by serving as the liaison between the investment team and all other areas of BlackRock (compliance, legal, operations, marketing and sales).
- Contribute to new business opportunities, development of marketing strategies, and respond to requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Respond to information requests in a timely manner with a view to helping increase the team's assets under management and uphold superior fund ratings.
- Educated to degree level and relevant financial markets experience essential.
- Extensive experience in a client service/business development role, within the investment management industry
- Proven people manager
- Passion for, and deep knowledge of equity markets
- Ability to understand and articulate fund management strategies clearly and with confidence.
- Strong presentation as well as oral and written communications skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to develop familiarity and skills using proprietary technology
- Degree in business, analytics or quantitative streams. MBA, other advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred.
- Presence, maturity and credibility to effectively represent internally and externally, and confidence in engaging with internal and external client base
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong research and writing skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes.
- Unimpeachable integrity, strong work ethic and professional disposition.
- Strong level of self-direction, ownership, organisation and initiative.
- Team work oriented with proven organisational skills and ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously.
- Able to influence without authority