Big Data engineers
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 16
We are currently searching for Big Data engineers to join our technology team. This is due to increased demand for our expertise within Big Data and BI, following a great deal of success within high profile projects. We are now searching for motivated consultants with a background within this technologies to join our team.
You need to want to develop your career and have the ambition to push to move to the next step. You need to be willing to learn new skills that will benefit you within new projects and your career. And be confident within your current skills set and able to display this to clients and the team. Although your professional background is important, we are also looking for someone who can easily fit into our collaborative and multi-lingual team.
As we are building on an existing team within our technology division, we are open to candidates with varied seniority. What is key for this position it that you are willing to learn and develop your skills further within Big Data, as we will be expecting your developing knowledge to become the pillar of this team.
You’ll be initially working with industry leading clients within the financial industry, on a variety of interesting projects, allowing you to further expand your expertise.
Following this you may be working for any of several of our clients who have a need for your skills.
- Meeting business requirements and best practice
- Designing, building and maintaining clusters
- Designing and building big data solutions Solving Big Data problems and finding ways to collect, manage and analyse data sets
- Constantly analysing and improving your solutions
- Developing data structures, algorithms and complex analysis
- Mathematical background (statistics & probability)
- Big Data – Mandatory
- BI or development background – Mandatory
- Big Data technologies – Python, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Pig, Impala, HBase, Flume, Kafta, Storm, MongoDB, Qlik, Cassandra, Neo4j, AWS (Amazon web Services), Tableau, TIBCO, Pantaho
- Programming languages: Python, R, Java, SAS, .NET, Linux
- Office Location – London, UK
- Travel to client site is expected