BCM Crisis Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley maintains a Business Continuity Management (BCM) program to protect the firm's franchise in the event of a catastrophic interruption to its business operations, technology, and facilities. The firm's BCM philosophy is to provide cost-effective business continuity strategies for the firm's critical businesses, its employees, clients and shareholders on a global basis.
The global Business Continuity Management (BCM) program is a critical component of the Firm’s resiliency serving to prepare the Firm for, and to coordinate during, any event that threatens the Firm’s ability to conduct its business as a result of a disruption to its technology, facilities, critical services or a result of a life safety event.
This mandate is carried out through two core functions. the first is Business Continuity Planning that is responsible for establishing a framework and standards for continuity planning, identifying risks around each plan, and providing effective challenge to plans. The second is Crisis Management that has responsibility for assessing incidents for impact to the businesses and, as appropriate, escalating to and coordinating among key partners, overseeing invocation of plans and managing the communication of the Firm’s response during incidents.
The position of Business Continuity Crisis Manager is responsible for the management and execution of the Firm’s crisis management function in the EMEA region. This includes supporting global crisis management in conjunction with other regional BCM teams around the globe. The Crisis Manager will be responsible for acting as a subject matter expert in incident management practices, conducting training and executing on continual process improvement across the BCM program. Additional responsibilities will include the management use of crisis management-related tools and technologies.
Morgan Stanley’s Business Continuity Management team has an open position for a Crisis Manager to join its EMEA team in London.
• Manage the regional implementation and maintenance of the Firm’s global crisis management program, processes and procedures
• Provide leadership and subject matter expertise during response to regional and global crisis events and coordinate engagement and response of crisis managers
• Regularly and proactively assess regional/global events or potential incidents which may require the engagement of the Firm’s crisis management program
• Develop and manage the training of regional crisis management teams and other educational efforts for regional crisis managers
• Establish and maintain relationships globally with appropriate partner response teams and business units
• Act as a subject matter expert on the use of crisis management tools and resources including rapid notification and impact assessment tools
• Own, track and report on regional crisis management metrics, issue and change management actions, and post incident documentation including process improvement initiatives
• Work with regional leadership and other teams within the Firm to strengthen coordination during incident response
• Significant experience in crisis management or related field
• Strong organizational and decision-making skills
• Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business partners
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, including ability to articulate complex issues and incorporate feedback
• Proficiency in crisis management best practices
• Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRI) certification, Business Continuity Institute (BCI) certification or similar, a plus
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.