Be a Part of Our Success
Associate, Corporate BankingWhat is the opportunity?
Corporate Banking plays a key role in the realisation of Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets' ('RBCCM') objectives through the structuring, and delivery of the bank debt as well as managing the overall client relationship and coordinating broad cross sell towards our targeted customer base. This role is intended to support the build out of the Corporate Banking activities across RBC's corporate client base generally.
What will you do?
- Support of Relationship Management - the consistent point of contact for RBCCM's European and European-based North American clients. Support relationship managers in maintaining and building upon RBCCM's position in the market place, with the goal of being one of our client's first calls for advice and financial assistance.
- Assisting our internal partners on the optimal utilisation of lending in connection with RBCCM's relationship goals and assist / get involved in the marketing/pitching of bank debt and other products.
- Portfolio Performance - preparation of client business plans, monitoring performance thereof in terms of Client Profitability, Economic Capital returns and absolute revenue targets.
- Preparation, submission & presentation of ETRs into Group Risk Management, Relationship Lending Committee, Commitments Committee & IOC (as appropriate).
- Support the relationship manager as the key point in respect of negotiation, preparation, review & execution of associated credit documentation, as appropriate. Requires liaison with the client, Agent and external/internal legal counsel.
- Cross Selling and New Revenue Initiatives - support for relationship management to introduce and integrate new clients into RBCCM seeking to identify those clients that offer multiple product selling opportunities or which have potential for large single/lumpy revenue generating transactions. This includes reviewing the possibility to transform single transaction event driven clients into multi product opportunity clients thereafter. Develop relationships with key internal partners including FX, Derivatives, Fixed Income, Equities and M&A teams
- The role will involve the monitoring and management of infrastructure and leveraged finance assets to which RBC has provided financing. The individual will monitor the financial performance of the underlying businesses and assess the resulting impact on the ability of the business to meet its obligations under the terms of the financing agreements
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong presentation & client skills
- Experience in client coverage / relationship management of demanding multinational corporates
- Strong analytical, technical, written and communication skills
- Knowledge of RBC Capital Markets product base and the application thereof
- Knowledge of structured financing and the application thereof
- University degree - preferably in a business related focus (not essential with previous relevant work experience)
- Post Graduate MBA / CFA desirable
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Thames Court
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-08-17
Req ID: 141626
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]