- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
Associate Analyst - (RRS – Corporate Finance)
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role
For our office in London we are looking for a number of positions at the Associate Analyst level to join the RRS - Corporate Finance Group. The Associate Analyst (AA) will work on challenging and high profile analyses, and will form a holistic view on certain credits.
The AA role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Rating teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams, predominantly analysing speculative grade rated corporate issuers including leveraged buy outs.
The role requires a solid accounting background with strong focus in financial analysis. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The AA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Attend analytical meetings (regional travel required) and assist with meeting follow-up reports
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, with potential exposure to more high-profile subsectors or issuers, under the principle direction of the RRS Team Manager and senior analysts. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Interpret and analyse financial data
- Ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings
- Develop working knowledge of Moody's methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary
- Interact with intermediaries and issuers
- Review rating documentation, including bank loans, covenants and bond indentures and contribute to portfolio reviews
- Support sector and company research writing
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks.
The Department / Team:
The EMEA Corporate Finance team provides ratings on corporate investment grade and speculative grade issuers based in Europe, for this position, with this position based in our London hub. The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
- Preferably some relevant credit analysis experience ideally within Corporate Finance or related experience from a recognised financial institution or an audit firm.
- Good Accounting background (e.g., through coursework, CFA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience).
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Excel/ VBA to help build databases and PowerPoint, with the ability to use financial models and software specific to the business. Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Fluent in English is essential. Fluent in other European languages would be highly beneficial (Spanish, French, German)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.