Assistant Invesment Manager - Quant Risk
- Up to £70,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- The Emerald Group
- 23 Sep 16
Part of the first line of defence Investment Management Portfolio Management (PM) team, this role provides support to the Head of Investment Quant /Risk to facilitate asset class modelling, strategic and tactical asset allocation (TAA/SAA) decisions and day-to-day investment risk management
Key Result Areas
Contributes to investment risk related dialogue and provides supporting analysis that help to shape investment risk management and SAA/TAA decisions.
- Maintain and populate existing databases which support the investment risk tools.
- Manage data quality checking and acceptance, which is crucial for risk management, internal model and MI purposes
- Maintain up to date procedures and supporting documentation to provide suitable audit trails.
- Develop and maintain risk databases and models for use in the Group-wide risk led investment process.
- Provide constructive challenge to the investment risk modelling process.
- Be an expert user of the investment risk tools
- Provide timely and accurate input to the investment risk reports, such as the Group MI, ORSA and Swiss Solvency Test.
- Prepare IM team reports to assist with day to day investment risk management and monitoring.
- Assist with scenario analysis and stress testing of the portfolio
- Carry out ad/hoc economic and market analyses as required.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of risk models for economic and market monitoring, and strategic tools which support the portfolio construction and risk review process
- Responsible for the portfolio management of the client(s) they ‘own’, (which will rotate over time). This will involve:
- Adapting and implementing TAA for their client’s purposes.
- Make investment decisions (or recommendations, depending on the client) to implement the TAA
- Ensuring that the SA structure is appropriate for the TAA, regulations and tax rules
- Ensuring that risk remains within tolerance and that liquidity requirements are met
- Liaise with the entity’s Chief Financial Officer regarding asset/liability matching.
- Report and present to the client Board
- Authorise direct trades and sub-advisor subscriptions/redemptions required for: cash inflows/outflows, the equity hedge programme, or to rebalance portfolios back to TAA.
- Execute trades pre-authorised by a Director or another AI Designate, having first reviewed the rationale for the original authorisation
Excellent Excel Skills
Investment Management experience
SQL, VBA, C#,