Asset Management Consulting Manager
- Competitive Package + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
Do you have an understanding of the Asset & Wealth Management Industry as a whole, including Front, Middle and Back office processes? I am looking to speak to professionals at Senior levels around opportunities we currently have at Accenture.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges; we do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations, providing a connected Consulting experience. As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture’s five businesses (Strategy, Digital, Consulting, Operations and Technology) to our clients to provide unmatched industry knowledge, client experiences, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to best serve clients and accelerate growth with end to end solutions.
What responsibilities will you have?
In the UK Accenture works with leading firms in the wealth and asset management sectors. Fast-changing regulation, changing direct and institutional investor expectations, and technology innovation are trends that are having a significant impact on the business and operation models of these firms. Accenture’s unique position, at the intersection of business and technology, means that more and more investment and wealth managers are turning to us for help with their most important business and technology investments.
There will never be a typical day at Accenture Strategy, but that’s why people love it here.
Here are just a few typical responsibilities:
- Deliver successful consulting engagements (sometimes multiple at once) addressing our clients’ business challenges, delivering lasting and distinctive outcomes and value in disciplines such as:
- Solve complex, ambiguous business, change and technology problems, bringing structure and rigorous analysis and planning; acting and taking decisions with little management oversight
- Drive a rigorous and structured approach to solving business problems
- Make, build and sustain trusted senior client relationships in the C-suite by remaining highly attuned to client needs and styles
- Play a key role in driving the growth agenda for clients
- Develop and manage high performing multidisciplinary Consulting teams
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Understanding of the Asset & Wealth Management Industry as a whole, including Front, Middle and Back office processes and a high level understanding of the trade lifecycle
- Experience of working within an Asset & Wealth Management environment with an understanding of the Target Operating Model Design, IBOR as well as regulatory change
- Experience of project / programme management, and/or of implementing IT solutions and / or redesigning processes, in some of the following areas: Settlements, Trade processing, Position management, Portfolio management & Risk management and finance
- Understanding full life-cycle IT implementation coupled with a strong understanding of the inherent business challenges and processes within those areas
From a functional perspective, individuals will likely have experience of working within one or more of the following disciplines:
- Regulation - EMIR, Dodd Frank, Basel, MiFID II etc.
- Post Trade processing - from trade capture to downstream routing (clearing, settlement, confirmation, accounting, fund accounting)
- Understand trade flows and data captured to support trade processing
- Operations experience - securities processing
- Capital or collateral Optimisation Experience FX / Derivatives experience - Derivatives product knowledge (especially FX, Interest Rate and Equity derivative experience)
- Legal entity / trade migrations - understanding implications of moving assets across legal entities, processing of back to back trades, trades processing, market risk calculations and some finance background (calculate liquidity positions and funding requirements)
- Risk management - cross asset risk management, analytics, client valuation / default valuations, market and credit risk
- Knowledge of asset management technology and processes
- Experience of designing, planning and leading technology projects in asset management
- Securities and Listed Derivatives architecture including; settlement, confirmation, payments, DTCC, CLS, GMI, Clearvision, corporate actions, finance and risk
- Robotic Process Automation
- Analytics & digital data platforms qlikview/tableau/oracle /R/Microsoft/bizobjects/cognos/ Hadoop/Cassandra
- Data Management as well as data governance and Data Analytics.
- Knowledge of specific asset management platforms including: SimCorp, Blackrock Aladdin, Charles River; Bloomberg Aim, Market EDM, Aim/Gain, Multifunds, SS&C or any other buy side vendor knowledge.
- Knowledge of specific wealth management platforms including: Avaloq, Temenos Wealth Manager, FNZ, JHC, Fiagro and Advent
What’s in it for you?
All of our Consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career. On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
If you're interested in this role or other opportunities at Accenture please apply via the apply link below - even If this role isn't quite right we have a number of areas in the business that may be more suitable or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.