- Market Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- The Emerald Group
- 23 Sep 16
My client is looking to hire an asset allocation specialist to their London based team.
About the Role
Some of your key responsibilities will involve;
· Production, Coordination, Communication and associated Research and Development of the quarterly Capital Market Assumptions in an efficient and timely fashion.
· Manage relationships with other teams of investment specialists integral to the assumptions generation process to ensure high quality output and efficient delivery.
· Contribute to the development of medium-term views, with a specialisation in fixed income, to drive liability risk management decision making in both advisory and delegated businesses.
· Engage with consultants and clients as appropriate to communicate the intellectual underpinning of our capital market assumptions and our medium-term views.
· Use our research and thought leadership in long-term capital markets to promote business development in the UK and globally.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
· Educated to degree level (Mathematics, Economics or Business biased preferred)
· Actuarial or CFA qualification or good progress towards one of these desirable
· Worked in a financial services company in an investment, thought leadership or actuarial role
· Client contact/engagement experience
· Knowledge of drivers of market returns and risk characteristics for the major asset classes
· Knowledge of objectives and constraints for final salary pension schemes in the UK and US.
· Knowledge of economic and market conditions and how they have evolved over the past decade.
· Strong quantitative skills, analytical and logical. Independently driven research ability
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to reach sophisticated and lay investors and decision-makers. An effective writing and presentation skill in communicating with stakeholders is critical.
· Good team player
· Project management skills. The individual will be working with other teams and coordinating output from different sources within time constraints.
· Good presentation skills in a wide variety of settings
· Awareness of current thinking and developments in the marketplace.