Application Support Engineer - Top Hedge Fund
- £65k - £80k + exceptional bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- RLS Search
- 28 Sep 16
Application Support Engineer - Support, Scripting, Database Development. Working for one of the largest and most prestigious Hedge Funds in the world, you will be responsible for supporting business critical applications spanning database systems and Regulataory platforms in a complex, enterprise grade environment. You will be responsible for Support, Scripting/Automation and Database Development/Enhancement.
Top Global Hedge Fund requires Senior Application Support Engineer to join their core technology team. The role requires Application Support, Scripting/Automation (Python/Perl/Bash/PowerSheell) and SQL/RDBMS development/enhancements. The role will span Linux and Windows Server environments.
This role is a high-profiel position bridging datawarehouse environments and regulatory applications aligned to the upcoming MiFID II regulation and existing regulatory systems.
You will be responsible for Application Support, Troubleshooting, Tuning, Scripting and Database Development across multiple database/datawarehouse applications in a Windows and Linux server environment. You will be responsible for BAU Development and Support of complex, enterprise applications aligned to regulatory requirements and data systems.
This is a senior role that requires the ability to quickly navigate complex systems, understand command line tools and troiubleshoot performance in a large and complex enterprise environment.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to join one of the most prestigious Hedge Funds in the world.
You must have the following skills and experience to be considered:
- Strong background in Application Support
- Strong scripting skills: One or more of Python, Bash, Perl, Powershell etc
- Excellent SQL skills and knowledge of various database technologies - SQL Server/Sybse/Oracle/Informatica
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Ability to navigate complex systems quickly
- Extensive use of command line tools
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in large/complex enterprise environments
- Knowledge of SSIS/SSRS
- Knowledge of Vertica and Hadoop
Salary is negotiable to £80k + exceptional bonus and comp package.