Application Support - Equity Sales & Trading - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Jun 17
See job description for details
Production level 2 support role in Equity Sales & Trading supporting DMA & Low latency. The team is responsible for ensuring the stability of these business critical client and server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure.
The team is part of the wider QAPM (Quality Assurance and Production Management) division. QAPM partners with the development teams to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients. QAPM’s goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by ensuring top-notch service within QA and production. This division will support the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Investigation of user queries via log file and process interaction, e.g. session drops, order issues, flow breaks, booking issues.
- Managing incidents by running conference calls, working closely with development teams, notifying the business and or compliance, tracking the failures and following up post event.
- Escalating problems to core development and engineering groups in a timely manner.
- Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Liaison with the operations department and controllers where appropriate
- Identify and build tools / scripts to aid in day to day tasks
- Work as a global team by following the sun support, standardizing documentation / tools and knowledge sharing.
- A highly motivated, self-starter who is happy working for demanding clients
with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a professional ownership of issues
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly present technology to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of Equity Cash and Derivative products, how to price and their trading concepts
- Good understanding of Unix
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL syntax. (Sybase database experience an advantage)
- Scripting skills e.g. perl, cgi, ksh, python
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Familiarity with ITIL service management frameworks
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure networks, storage, unix system administration etc.
- Prior application support experience / trade floor exposure
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1