Analyst (Graduate) - Allocation Strategies
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 23 Sep 16
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totalling around 7,200 billion kroner (875 billion dollars). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 500 people of more than 35 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented graduate with knowledge and interest in finance to contribute broadly across the Allocation Strategies area.
Allocation Strategies manages the fund’s overall exposure towards different asset classes, segments and countries, selects external managers and advices on the fund’s strategy. We also run the Norwegian Finance Initiative.
This particular role is for a recent graduate or current Master’s student to learn and experience a wide range of tasks within asset management. The concrete work tasks and related training will be tailored to fit the needs and profile of the chosen candidate.
The position is located in London or Oslo and some travel will be required. Start date will be after graduation and no later than autumn 2017.
• Researching and presenting relevant financial analyses to key stakeholders in Allocation Strategies
• Developing models and tools supporting investment decisions
• Monitoring, analysing and reporting on portfolio risk and performance
• Interacting with portfolio managers and experienced investment professionals
• Pursuing a relevant Master’s degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
• Excellent academic records
• A keen interest in financial markets, strong quantitative skills and problem solving capabilities
• Programming skills is an advantage
• Proactive, self-driven and team player
• High level of integrity
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management offers challenging opportunities in a fast-paced, international environment. We reward a global mindset, and an eagerness to perform. We evaluate our employees based on their performance, and encourage them to compete as a team. The position offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
We build the organisation from a diverse talent base and are committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Morten Trysnes, Global Head of Fund Allocation, telephone +47 24 07 32 38. All applications need to be submitted via the career portal on www.nbim.no.
The salary offered is competitive
Opening date for applications is 9th of September 2016
Deadline for application is close of business 1 November 2016
NO AGENCIES PLEASE