Analyst, Debt Advisory
- Analyst 2 Level + Competitive Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Dartmouth Partners
- 21 Aug 17
A unique opportunity to work for a market dominant team in the debt advisory universe, gaining fantastic client exposure and unparalleled deal flow.
Our client is the market leading debt advisor to the FTSE 250. They advise listed and unlisted companies, charities, universities, schools and other non-profit organisations on the arranging of bank debt (debut facilities, regular refis, stressed refis, acquisitions facilities, event driven facilities), public bonds (debut issuers, infrequent issuers, frequent issuers, retail bonds) and private placements. They advise on transactions of various rating levels from investment grade to high yield, and on differing sizes – including deals that include one to two banks or those that involve syndicates of up to 30 banks. In addition to their core work they also assist clients in other ways, such as with rating advisory.
Due to a need to expand headcount, the team currently has a requirement to hire at the Associate level. The role will involve working on a number of transactions at any one time – these will be varied in nature, ranging from more simple ‘flow’ business to event financings or trickier refis. It will also involve much more client exposure than a typical Associate position; having quality conversations with CFO and Treasurer level clients at both active and non-active clients is a key part of the role, as is the ability to work with clients who are not frequent debt issuers or financial services professionals to craft credible credit stories for investors.
- The desired candidate should have good product knowledge of loans in particular, but should also have a good knowledge of public bonds and ideally private placements. Strong credit skills and credit ratings knowledge are both important to the successful execution of this position.
- Excellent written English and sound presentation skills are an absolute pre-requisite.
- The ability to interact confidently with others, both externally with clients and in a collaborative team setting will be key.
- Ability to work with senior people at a broad range of clients; down to earth personality, credibility and gravitas.