Agile Coach/Scrum Master
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 22 Sep 16
Essential Skills / Experience * Qualified Agile Coach / Scrum Master. * Previous experience working with agile teams within an Asset Management company. * Experience in leading change through technical development teams. * Good experience with dealing with senior stakeholders & different business lines. * Business analysis skills useful. * Experience in Digital and Institutional Client Portals.
At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements.
We manage £343.8 billion (€413.7 billion/US$459.6 billion)* on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and real estate.
We employ over 3,700 talented people worldwide operating from 37 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
* Source: Schroders, all data as at 30 June 2016.
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com or on Schroders Talking Point http://www.schroderstalkingpoint.com
The opportunity - Overview
With an Agile transformation underway, Distribution, Digital and Real Estate IT have a requirement for an Agile Coach / Scrum Master. This role will take responsibility of the successful running of multiple (at least 2) scrum teams. These teams (at least Digital and SchrodersLink) currently operate independently and require further alignment, both from a methodology, team, technical and functional perspective.
The core responsibilities of the role are:
- Guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
- Responsible for the day-to-day effective running of the (self-organising) team.
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed.
- Ensure cross- team co-ordination.
- Step in to write user stories where required.
- Maintain relevant metrics to measure and enhance team performance.
- Coach the teams through agile knowledge share, workshops, open forums, etc.
- Ensure the ways of working are consistent across the teams.
- Act as a project manager when necessary. Take responsibility for managing dependencies between our team and third parties or between our team and other scrum teams.
- Actively contribute (where possible) to the company's Agile and Lean Community.
- Used to working in a dev-ops arena with multiple environments.
- Can work in an Agile fashion using Stories and backlogs.
- Has experience working in a multi disciplined team (analysis, development / testing / support).
- Can work interactively with users when it comes to design / UX aspects of any front-end work.
- Computer Science or related science / maths degree.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.