AVP. Systems Engineer – Data and Voice Connectivity Services (6-12 month contract)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom**This is a 6-12 month contract**
Role / Responsibilities
This is a challenging position within the Engineering team of Infrastructure Services. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 200 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
• Responsible for analysis, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of Moody's Cisco Video Conference (VC) and Unified Communications(UC) environment
• Engage with Cisco and VARs to maintain currency of Moody's Video Conference Service Catalogue
• Configure and maintain a Cisco SME cluster to ensure successful dialing using E.164 ,+dialing and SIP URI between Moody's sites
• Use Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word) to document the existing and newly delivered environment
• Oversee and monitor the operations teams and ensure the infrastructure is always in a high availability state
• Responsible for creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same
• Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
• Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans
With 300 employees primarily located in New York, London, and San Francisco along with over 1,100 onshore/nearshore/offshore outsource IT partners worldwide, Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services. We provide end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and infrastructure for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of our Bond rating business along with content and enterprise risk solutions ensure the company's premier standing among financial services firms. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in program management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, software development, quality assurance, IT risk management, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. Moody's is currently revamping our AV infrastructure and conference rooms to enable more effective collaboration. As a member of the Data and Voice Connectivity services team you will be responsible for setting standards for Hardware and Software configuration templates along with tracking their patching and lifecycles. Besides selecting the appropriate standards, the team is responsible for designing the infrastructure, which include implementation and creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams. The team also has ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams to ensure that SOPs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner.
Education Qualification and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus
- Experience in IT industry in relevant area
- Experience with installing and supporting Cisco Video endpoints (C40, MX700, MX800, DX80, EX90) provisioned within Communications Manager
- Real world experience supporting Multicast and unicast media distribution
- Experience implementing integrated video system, (wireless microphones, digital audio consoles, and digital projections,)
- AMX Resource Management Suite
- Strong knowledge of AV vendors such as Cisco, Polycom, AMX, Barco, BSS
- In depth knowledge of video conferencing standards such as H.323, H.320 and SIP networks
- Experience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable networking solutions. Understanding of how HA technologies function and their limitations is also important.
- Experience with common cabling plant standards and various LAN/WAN interface technologies (T1, E1, T3).
- Experience with IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP.
- Experience with common voice technologies and standards (BRI, PRI, T1-CAS,).
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related protocols .
- Ability to understand and document TCP/UDP application flows.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.