AVP - Risk Assurance Manager- Global bank - £50k
- GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum + 10% Pension + Package + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 17 Sep 17
Role: AVP - Risk Assurance Manager- Global bank Location: London, UK Salary: £50K Keywords: ERMF, Governance, Assurance, Basel, BCBS239, Compliance, RCSAs, Risk Management, controls testing, Sarbanes Oxley (SOx), Internal Audit Client: My client is a global bank that is looking to hire a hardworking and driven person in their Risk team as part of their company expansion plan.
The benefits of this roles is that it will give you exposure and visibility as you will have the opportunity to face off with senior stakeholders in the business. In addition, this role has great career progression opportunities as it is an expanding team.
- Controls testing of the internal controls in risk which would involve liaising with stakeholders, analysing data and testing controls that are ran by the risk function.
- Assist in the documentation of the key process and design of Risk control self-assessments that are used in risk. This will include - testing controls, performing assurance checks and identify issues and approving remedial actions with stakeholders when appropriate.
- Evaluate the key Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) requirements which includes performing quality assurance procedures to check the efficiency of the risk function.
- Ensuring that work done in risk is compliant with the UK Corporate Governance code.
- Conduct investigations required in risk with regards to 'Raising concerns' or 'Whistle blowing'.
- Carry out reporting to Risk Executive committee (ExCo) control issues that are raised by regulators.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Background in Controls, Assurance, Governance, Risk, Compliance or Audit
- ACCA or ACA Qualified would be preferable, but not essential.
- Have experience with testing controls in risk
- Have a working knowledge of ERMF, controls, BCBS239, or RCSA
- Work in the finance sector would be beneficial
How to Apply:
Those that believe that they would be suitable for the job role, please feel free to forward your CV to hbalogun@astoncarter (.com) or contact Helen on 0207 997 1033 to find out more.
Allegis Group Limited and Aston Carter Limited operate Employment Businesses and Agencies and are companies within the Allegis Group Inc. group of companies, the fourth largest staffing company in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems and Aerotek are divisions of Allegis Group Limited. Applicant data will be treated in accordance with the Allegis Group's Privacy Notice http://www.allegisgroup.com/Privacy/Default.aspx). By submitting personal data to any company or division within the Allegis Group, the applicant is providing explicit consent to the use of such data by the Allegis Group and to the transfer of such data to and from the Allegis Group companies within the UK, Europe and outside the European Economic Area in connection with the fulfilment of the applicant's voluntary requests, and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile, and confirms that they may be contacted about such job opportunities.