Solution Architect - Banking - Radbroke (Knutsford)
- Not Specified
- Knutsford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 25 Sep 16
Cognizant’s Technology and Architecture Office (TAO) comprises Enterprise and Solutions Architects which service Cognizant’s clients within the Banking and Financial Services (BFS) industry sector. This particular team operates within the geography of UK and Ireland. The department acts as domain experts providing both business and
Cognizant’s Technology and Architecture
Office (TAO) comprises Enterprise and Solutions
Architects which service Cognizant’s clients within the Banking and Financial
Services (BFS) industry sector. This particular team operates within the
geography of UK and Ireland. The department acts as domain experts providing
both business and technology-focused architectural consulting and solutions
design services as well as innovation and delivering thought leadership to
other peer organisations within Cognizant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the formation of a world-class Enterprise,
Solutions and Technology Architecture capability to service our Customers in
the Banking & Financial Services (BFS) industry sectors
- Establishing and developing strong professional relationships
with senior client personnel on all engagements through hands-on design and
and developing strategy, roadmap in collaboration with Lead Architect and
vision for the Programmes that align with Board approved Purpose, Values, Risk
Appetite and Policies and are consistent with wider company level standards.
- Determining and capturing client needs by employing
appropriate frameworks, tools, and techniques to assess the client's business
maturity, problem-space / opportunity-space and goals
- Identifying and anticipating client needs above and beyond
individual project-level service relationships and provide innovative
- Manage effective relationships and deal openly with all
stakeholders (colleagues and clients), taking into account the needs of all
stakeholders and influence decisions which, in the long term, are positive for
customers and clients, shareholders, colleagues and the communities.
- Devising innovative approaches for delivering tailored
solutions leveraging advanced technical competency and industry knowledge
- Delivering comprehensive architectural and technology
solutions across multiple technology families, platforms, functional and
industry domains using diverse tools, frameworks and technologies
- Ownership of the Solution Architecture provides thought
leadership and work collaboratively with other teams.
- Working both as an individual contributor, a team manager
and/or a member of an engagement team, as necessary to deliver value. Supporting
definition of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensuring governance by having peer reviews of the proposed
solution and also present to governance forums.
- Anticipating potential objections and demonstrating leadership
to adopt the most appropriate view.
- Maintaining ownership of the design throughout the Software
Development Life Cycle, ensuring continued alignment to end-to-end designs,
reviewing and approving component designs driven from the wider end to end
- Anticipating and resolving engagement issues. Communicate
resolution measures to senior client management
- Proactively identifying and assisting in the timely
resolution of any technical or client service issues
- Providing clear and complete status reports to the Chief
Architect to facilitate departmental reporting and issue capture and/or resolution
Skills and Experience
required include: This role requires a significantly experienced and confident candidate
with relevant full lifecycle architecture, technology and consulting
capabilities. The candidate must be able to:
- Expertise in architecting solutions across disparate
technologies to achieve complex business objectives of multiple business areas
at the client organisation
- Extensive experience of solutioning / performing end to end
design activities including application / infrastructure integration in the financial
- Subject matter expertise in one or more
technologies/functions used by the bank such as banking packages, CRM and
Customer solutions, sales & origination, mortgages, payments
- Prior experience of supporting the client in defining the
strategy and roadmap
- Hands-on experience to be able to address all aspects of development
and design activities
- Be hands – on in IBM /
Microsoft / Oracle or Open Source Technologies used across financial services
and be able to proactively learn new technologies
- Be hands – on in use of TOGAF and UML using standard tools
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people
from technical, business and senior managerial backgrounds including the
ability to translate information technology concepts into business language.
- People leadership and thought-leadership abilities, encouraging
decision-making at the lowest level.
- Ability to understand business objectives and translate this
knowledge into architecture- and security-based solutions comprising measures
to mitigate identified related risks and requirements.
- Working alongside client architects in the definition and
delivery of projects
- Visualizing, planning and executing any areas of process
improvement that increase the efficiency and delivery of a client’s enterprise
technology domain capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise systems design and
operation in multi-national multi-platform environments.
- Experience of developing and maintaining policies, baselines,
standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Performing architecture risk assessments, producing architecture
and technology Roadmaps & overseeing follow-on evaluations and tests and drawing-up
architectural mitigation plans
- Knowledge and understanding of prevailing industry standard
frameworks including; TOGAF, Zachman, SOA, COBIT and ITIL
- JavaEE,.NET 3.0+, Open Source and Other Technology domains
- Willingness to travel to Cognizant’s offices and / or client
sites around the UK or abroad to effectively undertake engagements on occasion,
for information gathering or knowledge-sharing purposes as well.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of
information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services,
dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses.
Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for
client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process
expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of
work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and
approximately 219,300 employees as of September 30, 2015, Cognizant is a member
of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500
and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the