Data Planner – Senior Marketing Manager, Kingswood, Surrey
- Kingswood, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 29 Sep 16
Reporting to the Head of Insight and Planning, your core challenge is to create and imbed a data-driven approach to communication across all channels. The role requires interrogation and translation of customer (both b2b and b2c) data into clear contact strategies and executable plans to meet our business and marketing objectives. This is both a strategic and hands-on role with the requirement to undertake analysis as well as the ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders across the organisation. You will be working closely with the marketing data team, channel marketing teams and business to build cohesive and effective communications
Title: Data Planner – Senior Manager
Department: UK Marketing
Location: Lower Kingswood, Surrey
Reports To: Associate Director Insight & Marketing Performance
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be a part of our future at http://www.fidelityrecruitment.com/about-us www.fidelityrecruitment.com/about-us
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation – Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Integrity – Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Excellence – Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Commitment – We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration – We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Client Focus – We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we’re quick to respond. We’re respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
~~Fidelity has always placed great importance on creating a marketing edge and has a strong heritage in leading the industry in its approach to marketing. The UK Marketing Team is central to developing, planning and representing the channel communication strategy of the UK business, as well as providing the UK channels with distribution marketing support across its major customer segments.
The span of activity is broad as befits a leading marketing organisation and operates through-the-line, incorporating planning, broadcast marketing, customer engagement and digital marketing functions. Ongoing research and insight into our customers’ needs, together with the evaluation of our marketing performance, is also integral to the team’s structure.
Develop clear and effective contact strategies
- Work with the channel marketing teams and businesses to understand their target customers, overall objectives and challenges.
- Translate data analysis into long term audience-centric contact strategies to meet channel objectives and deliver against their KPI’s.
- Liaise closely with the customer experience team to consider end-end customer journeys and touch points beyond marketing activities.
- Specifically, define and implement a prospect-customer strategy for the personal investing business.
- Ensure an effective test and learn plan is considered within all communications.
- Constantly consider how campaigns, customer journey’s and contact strategies can be improved; design, leverage data insight, process and marketing automation tools
- Interrogate varied data sources to highlight business implications and opportunities
- Build a deep understanding of available data points in order to define trigger or rules based activity,
- Work with strategic programmes to continuously build and enhance our data sets.
- Work with the analytics team to challenge and review the segmentation and predictive modelling techniques applied in order to drive out the most effective methods for targeting activity
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills, combined with an ability to communicate effectively to all business stakeholders.
- Strong skills in data interpretation and translation of analysis into insight.
- An understanding of segmentation and modelling techniques (ability to build statistical models not required).
- SAS and SQL querying, Access and Excel.
- Experience of Marketing automation and journey based campaign design and execution.
- Experience using web analytics tools such as Adobe and data visualisation software and knowledge of marketing automation tools a benefit
- Financial services background with an understanding of TCF
- A creative/lateral thinker to resolve problems on their own initiative without support
- A natural self-starter with the appetite for the considerable workload, intensity and challenges presented by Fidelity’s growth and the developing businesses.
- A team player, who will be able to work within the overall culture and fit with its entrepreneurial but collaborative style.