- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Jun 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The mission of the Global Technology division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm’s strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. There are ten divisions within Technology.
Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the Global Technology and Data organization and manages operational and technology related risks on behalf of the Firm. The group’s key principles are to provide proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management, to enable the execution of the Firms strategy.
TIR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology and Data understands how to manage escalate and monitor risk.
- Support tooling for distributed system resiliency, logging and audit
- Assist in deployment, deployment work tracking and smoke testing application
- Enhance existing tools and infrastructure to simplify change management processes
- Operations support tooling
- Administer the change management lifecycle working with external groups to ensure consistency, completeness, documentation and suitable testing has taken place
- A suitable candidate must be prepared to proactively seek out necessary information, contacts and show stoppers and find and orchestrate solutions
- Candidate must have a good instinct for the prerequisites of a secure system and validate coded and deployed artifacts meet best practice; they must be able to adopt the view point of the malicious actor and build against it or adopt the view of the tester and build to it
- Mobile application development experience is desirable but not required as the role requires working side by side with mobile developers in other teams
- Understanding of agile development principles; specifically the Scrum development methodology
- Ability to consistently develop code to a high quality and motivate others to do the same
- Experience with source code management (e.g., knowledge of tools such as Git, Perforce or similar)
- Sound understanding of software testing principles
- Exposure to the full Software Development lifecycle including testing and deployment
- Experience with development and software quality tools such as Eclipse, Ant, JUnit, Jenkins or similar CI tools
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux family of operating systems
- Understanding of writing multi-threaded and distributed applications
- Understanding of secure software design principles
- Familiarity with the latest web security standards
- Experience developing large scale globally deployed systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding with RESTful API designs
- Understanding of security concepts including authentication, authorization, and encryption
- Experience with the Apache CXF and Spring frameworks
- Good scripting skills (Python, shell)
- Experience/ Understanding of LDAP interface
- Experience with mobile development/mobile testing tools is desirable.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-KT1