Consulting Architect (Senior Consultant) - GLASGOW
- Not Specified
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 28 Sep 16
Purpose of the Role: To represent the Cognizant Global Technology Office (GTO) on client engagements as a technology consultant. To take responsibility for shaping, leading and delivering added-value through technology consultancy and through guiding delivery engagements. GTO provides technology leadership, transformation and innovation
Purpose of the Role:
To represent the Cognizant Global Technology Office (GTO) on client engagements as a technology consultant. To take responsibility for shaping, leading and delivering added-value through technology consultancy and through guiding delivery engagements.
GTO provides technology leadership, transformation and innovation services to Cognizant clients. GTO includes a number of advanced technology laboratories which enable clients to create first of a kind solutions which use emerging technologies. It also has a technology transformation delivery capability. This role is within the consulting unit of GTO.
You will have proven capability in providing technical leadership, delivering high quality technology advice, creativity and insight; ensuring project success through timely and accurate production of agreed deliverables; with a strong stakeholder management focus and to the benefit of the reputation of GTO.
You should be familiar with consultancy delivery and technology solution development. You will be able to relate business problems to the technology domain and communicate how technology provides business solutions. You should be confident of your ability to perform in complex client engagements when support can be limited. You will be enthusiastic to join an expanding and ambitious team of similarly high calibre, successful technology consultants, and to contribute to our worldwide growth.
You will be familiar with seeking and developing business opportunities through client assignments, and your personal network, both to engage GTO and the wider Cognizant set of service offerings.
Skills & Experience:
• Experience of working across varied technology domains like business applications, data, infrastructure, integration and security
• Strong experience and background in one of these technology domains.
• An interest in emerging technologies and innovation
• Experience of providing technology leadership in complex projects and programmes
• Demonstrate clear technology thinking
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of technology solution design principles
• Is able to successfully relate technology solutions to business problems and sell ideas.
• Prior experience in application development
• Prior experience in a solution design, technical lead or architect role
• Desirable experience:
o Prior experience of any of maintenance, support, testing, project management, business analysis
o Experience of working on large and complex projects with large teams
o Experience in working in a multi-vendor environment
o Experience working in a consulting organisation
o Exposure to business development activities
o Experience of “digital” technologies such as social, mobile, advanced analytics, big data, Internet of Things, cloud, automation
o Exposure to different IT solution types
o Exposure to multiple industries
o Experience of consultancy delivery
• A passion for technology and how it can deliver business solutions
• Good communication and interpersonal skills - both oral and written
• A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
• A track record of developing creative solutions
• Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical skills
• An understanding of when and how to use divergent and convergent thinking modes
• A focus on results while maintaining rigour and professionalism in execution
• Positive, determined, confident and resourceful in the face of challenges
• A willingness to learn, grow and stretch in new roles and different industries
• Willingness to help others grow and learn
• Flexibility to travel to client sites across the UK and occasionally internationally
• Prepared to work away from home if required by the engagement
• Willing to work flexible hours to ensure the work is delivered
Involvement in Business Development:
• Establish and continue to grow a professional network both within GTO, the wider Cognizant business and outside Cognizant with clients and partners
• Develop a detailed knowledge of GTO core services and how these can be applied to generate value for clients
• Take an active role in supporting growth of GTO accounts, working with relevant account teams across Cognizant’s business
• Identify opportunities through professional network to support the generation of a strong sales pipeline for GTO and the broader Cognizant business.
Contribution to Development of CBC practice:
• Help identify and develop services which enhance the GTO
• Actively share best practice and lessons learned and contribute to the growth of Cognizant intellectual property
• Relevant technology experience from working for an end-user organisation, technology vendor, a systems integrator or management consultancy
• An understanding of the key trends, threats, issues and opportunities facing IT end users and how existing and emerging technologies address these concerns
• Demonstrable success in multiple projects involving one or more of: technology solution design, technical architecture, solution architecture
• Experience in one or more aspects of technology deployment: selection; consolidation; re-platforming; SDLC; etc.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant
combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 233,000 employees as of March 31, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.