Lead BA - Financial Services - Edinburgh - Perm
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall
- 22 Aug 16
Lead Business Analyst - Financial Services - Edinburgh - Perm
My client, a globally recognised, leading Financial Services organisation has an excellent opportunity for a skilled Lead Business Analyst to join on a permanent basis.
Financial Services - Competitive salary and benefits - Edinburgh
***The ideal candidate for this role will have a proven track record as a Lead Business Analyst within Financial Services sector, alongside significant experience of Data Analysis in either Data Warehousing or Data Migration environment.***
This is an outstanding opportunity for a driven, pro-active individual to work on one of the largest programmes across the group's Risk Division, aimed at delivering a Risk Data Warehouse (RDW) to support all internal and external Credit Risk reporting and analytics.
The role will initially focus on the data analysis required for the delivery of new data feeds into the RDW. Key activities will be analysis of data requirements and performing a gap analysis against the existing data catalogue, source system analysis with key SMEs to identify golden source data to meet the data requirements, creation of user interface specifications, review and sign off of design documents, to ensure the design meets the requirements. The ability to communicate with subject matter experts and translate that into requirements will be key.
Further on the project lifecycle, the BA will be a key contributor to the completion of business requirements, liaising with IT for system build activities and supporting all aspects of testing and transition to BAU.
Facilitate and own the capture of requirements through meetings and workshops with business stakeholders;
* Conducting technical systems investigations, data analysis and gap analysis
* Working with the business architects and application owners to agree golden sources of data where gaps exist;
* Updating the existing Data Catalogue
* Creation of user interface specifications to support the design of IT system feeds;
* Liaising with Group IT to ensure requirements are clearly understood for all system design/build activities;
* Workshop facilitation and stakeholder engagement
* Ensuring all business / data analysis deliverables are completed in accordance with established processes, practices and procedures, and meet pre-defined standards of quality
* Identification, mitigation and escalation of risks and issues
* Provide continuous improvement of BA techniques for driving delivery of appropriate solutions as quickly as possible and sharing of best practice within practice pool
* To be able to work independently within a large project that has a high degree of complexity and a large number of internal (within risk) and external (across Group or third parties) stakeholders.
* Assist and executing, functional and user acceptance testing cycles;
* Provide training on processes for BAU to support the transition to live, and
* Documentation of all key activities through the project life cycle as per LBG Programme governance.
Strong track record of Data Analysis in either Data Warehousing or Data Migration within a banking environment
* Experienced business analysis, preferably in the delivery of regulatory Risk change projects;
* Confident user of Excel, Access, Visio, MS Project skills
* Highly motivated, disciplined and able to resolve issues innovatively when options appear to be limited; Comfortable and effective in a rapidly changing environment
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and across different audiences
* Good self-management skills, including ability to escalate issues in a timely manner and work to deadlines
* Balance of strong critical thinking and analytical capability, together with a creative mindset
* Experience of LBG systems and of LBG architecture (highly desirable but not essential)
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Financial Services change environment or a consultancy, primarily as a Data / Systems Analyst
* Knowledge of regulatory rules such as BCBS 239 would be ideal but not necessary
* Experience of Agile methodology would be ideal but not necessary
If you are currently looking for the next step in your career and the above is in line with your experience then please send your CV and contact me on 01313060159 asap.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.