Information Security Risk (ISR) Manager - Europe
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc UK
- 08 Sep 17
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of ISR Manager - Europe. If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Information Security Risk (ISR) Manager - Europe, Global Risk
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of ISR Manager - Europe.
In this role, you will:
- Liaise with Global, Regional and Country Heads of the Global Business (GB), Global Functions (GF), Global, Regional and Country Business Risk and Controls Management (BRCM) and Business Information Risk Officer (BIRO) to provide updates on information risk and follow up on risk mitigation
- Assist the GB, GF and HSBC Operating Services and Technologies (HOST) in defining their information risk appetite
- Maintain on-going visibility of GB, GF and HOST key initiatives and helping to prioritise ISR oversight according to risk
- Increase the understanding of information risks within the GB, GF and HOST explaining these in plain/business terms and helping them to ensure that these are kept within their risk appetite by recommending mitigating actions
- Provide risk opinion and guidance to the GB, GF and HOST on dispensation requests.
- Manage and maintain close oversight on all ISR related incidents with a view to provide assurance that risks and impacts have been handled effectively
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Knowledge of information security risk in a second line of defence context
- Risk or relationship management skills and experience within a multi-line of business Global Bank
- Experience working in relevant environment/s; e.g. lnformation Security Risk management and Operational Risk
- Role relevant qualifications; e.g. Professional related security and/or risk management qualifications including but not limited to CISM, CRISC or PRMIA Operational Risk Manager. is desirable but not essential
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009NVO.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.