Director - Product Manager (Pensions & Investment)
Low yields, closure of under-funded DB pension schemes and transfer to DC, Solvency II, increased conduct regulation: these factors are all driving increased demand for the use of sophisticated economic scenario modelling for designing and managing investment solutions. Moody's Analytics ESG is already used across the globe by a list of leading asset managers, institutional investment advisors and larger self-managed pension funds.
The Product Manager (Pensions & Investment) will be responsible for developing our risk modelling proposition for the DB pensions sector. The role would suit candidates with a strong technical background and communication skills, and who would like to use their experience in investment consulting or institutional investment solutions, to develop a successful and scalable risk modelling and ALM solutions business.
The successful candidate will be expected to take a leading role in market engagement: understanding evolving regulatory themes and industry best practice across a number of large international pensions markets, working with our sales, product management and research teams to ensure our product and proposition aligns with market requirements.
A key aspect of the role will be positioning the Moody's Analytics brand and communicating our proposition into the market: creating thought-leadership articles, conference speaking, providing pensions & investment insight to support client engagement.
The role will offer a mix of technical work - working with our product development, research and client advisory services teams to develop and deliver cutting edge modelling solutions to our clients - with a range of broader activities including market engagement, commercial strategy and client consulting projects.
This role may suit an actuary or CFA with an investment consulting/investment solutions background, seeking a role which offers a greater degree of autonomy, and the opportunity to take a lead in developing a distinct business proposition for a growing global client base.
Responsibilities of this role will include
• Engaging with clients and the wider market to understand evolving industry themes, regulation and best practice; gathering requirements for pensions and investment risk modelling and ALM solutions
• Agreeing market & product strategy with ERS Business Sponsors / Senior Management
• Take a lead role as pensions expert in positioning the Moody's Analytics brand and communicating our proposition into our target pensions and investment markets
• Creating targeted content to support product and proposition marketing, thought-leadership articles, conference speaking, supporting marketing campaigns.
• Working with other Product Managers and Research to define market requirements, agree research and product development priorities and define product roadmaps
• Working with our sales function to develop commercial & product pricing strategy, building partner relationships
• Providing specialist pensions and investment market insight and product expertise to support the sales/client engagement process
• Working with Sales & Advisory Services to specify client projects and agree commercial proposals
• Delivering presentations at marketing events & relevant industry conferences
The role will also include a number of supporting activities
• Client and partner relationship management
Client consulting services: engagement management & delivery
The insurance product management team play a critical role in managing Moody's Analytics' insurance products and services delivered around the world. This vacancy is for a role working on the highly successful Moody's Analytics ESG and associated Scenario Generation product suite. Our ESG is used by over 140 financial institutions around the world with dominant market share in the UK and Europe and growing presence in Asia and North America.
• A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: mathematics, physics, actuarial science or finance.
• Professional qualification such as Actuarial, CFA or similar.
• Knowledge and experience one or more of the following areas
o The use of asset-liability modelling to support risk management or investment advice for pension funds
o Institutional pensions investment advice or consulting
o Institutional investment management for pensions
o Investment solutions for DC pension plans / 401k
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts both internally and externally, to different stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge.
• Experience of selling risk modelling software to the pensions and/or investment sectors, and credibility within the industry
• Ideally, the candidate will also have knowledge in the following areas:
o Investment process: investment solution design, portfolio construction, strategic asset allocation
Credible profile and contacts within the pensions investment industry in either the European or North American market
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.