BlackRock Pricing Operations Associate
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
BlackRock Pricing Operations Associate
Business Unit Overview:
The Pricing Team is part of the BlackRock Data Services Core Operations Group and responsible for the collection and validation of market prices for all assets and liabilities held in managed portfolios, as well as for the distribution of those prices to accounting agents and custodians, where appropriate.
Responsibilities also include oversight of third-party accounting agents and custodian security pricing methodologies for proprietary commingled products, as well as daily verification of OTC derivative valuations. In addition, the team collects a wide range of market data including FX rates, interest rates, inflation levels, mortgage data and volatility data.
Pricing Operations Associates will gain a broad understanding of the pricing methods of various assets necessary to support all functional disciplines within BlackRock. The range of product exposure takes an Associate from simple equity to complex over the counter instruments.
Within this challenging role, responsibilities include ownership of oversight of pricing at outsourced third-party administrators, ownership of exception queries sent to the Pricing Group, daily and periodic price updates to support client reporting, analytics and PMG trades amongst others, control escalations and procedure updates. Associates will be expected to present directly to clients both internal and external.
In addition, Associates will gain an understanding of the Aladdin Price model and will establish relationships with BlackRock's pricing vendors as well as run and participate in projects to improve processes and support new product rollouts.
As a Pricing Operations Associate you will gain a unique perspective of BlackRock as you support most internal functions and will work closely with other operations teams, particularly the Data Integrity, Global Derivative Settlements and Corporate Actions teams. This function will expose the candidate to all of BlackRock Solutions' tools and businesses and will require him/her to partner closely with internal clients such as Portfolio Management, Global Fund Accounting Services, Business Operations and BlackRock Solutions.
An Associate would be expected to lead and manage in the following areas:
- Daily support of the trading process with regard to pricing requirements for BlackRock
- Daily quality control and validation of time series data including security pricing, analytical and corporate action data
- Liaison with market data vendors and market dealers to obtain the most accurate data
- Interact with internal and external clients to serve as a financial services helpdesk, managing expectations of service delivery, and providing superior customer service
- Operate as part of a global team with consistent service and processes
- Constantly evaluate process and procedures for inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement
- Maintain procedural documentation and update as necessary
- Perform testing of in-house software and external vendor products
- Resolve pricing issues at BlackRock's fund administrators which are an outcome of the market value reconciliation control
- Candidate must possess and demonstrate a working knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments as well as finance with the skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial and team oriented environment
- The candidate would ideally have either at demonstrable experience in a fund administration or similar valuation role in financial services; demonstrable experience in a directly related pricing role at a fund administration or financial services organisation; experience in derivative trade operations a bonus
- Candidate must have enthusiasm for, and comfort with, working in a fast pace environment while maintaining attention to detail to ensure the quality and integrity of pricing data
- Candidates must be able to articulate and demonstrate their role in innovation initiatives
- Candidate must be able to maintain a high level of concentration even when performing routine tasks
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly learn the intricacies of complex financial instruments and adapt their technical ability quickly
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to ensure clear and effective communication with internal and external clients
- Candidate must have flexibility regarding their work hours
- Candidate must be able to work multiple shifts at different times throughout the year
- A college/university degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, MIS, CIS, or Computer Science is preferred
- Working knowledge MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon, Interactive Data, SQL, UNIX commands, PERL, PYTHON etc. is an advantage.