- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
Associate Director - Research
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomAn opportunity to work at the forefront of research into Moody's Analytics' cutting edge scenario generation, credit analytic and financial economic modelling suite of solutions. Join a global team of leading research professionals from a diverse set of academic and professional backgrounds.
Our products and services are deeply embedded across the financial sector. A culture emphasising partnership with our clients and the value of innovation and thought leadership pervades our business objectives and the day to day work that we do. As a member of the research group you will be exposed to a broad range of challenges ranging from deeply technical model research to highly focussed client driven project work.
Responsibilities of this role will include
- Lead research projects and development initiatives in our financial analytics, risk management, ALM and credit modelling products. Where appropriate, engage in detailed review and development activities of others work to ensure that the team meets its goals.
- Contribute & lead research projects with a focus on bringing together and integrating Moody's Analytics existing IP and modelling capabilities including credit, macro-economic & market risks
- The successful candidate is expected to take on senior responsibilities within the Insurance research team, such as managing other research analysts, and leading/managing a program of research projects.
- Engaging with our Product Management, Client and Advisory Services teams, clients and the wider market to gather feedback and requirements for our software products & content services
- Supporting the sales teams and sales process by providing product knowledge and expertise
- Working with Sales & Advisory Services to specify technical features for client projects and where appropriate, to ensure project deliverables are aligned with product strategy and roadmap.
- In certain cases, the role will involve supporting the delivery of client projects, where these are relevant to, or have a dependence on, the product or service development roadmap
This role is within the Research team in the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) group of Moody's Analytics. The ERS group offers comprehensive solutions for assessing, measuring and managing financial risks at the enterprise level. The foundations of these solutions are comprehensive, market leading research and insight.
- A postgraduate degree (ideally PhD) in a numerical discipline.
- Knowledge or experience in the following areas:
- Use of using risk management modelling, strategic asset allocation, economic scenarios or ESG software in investment, asset management or life/general insurance.
- Time series data and analysis, financial mathematics and stochastic modelling.
- Credit modelling and risk management
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts both internally and externally, to different stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Ideally, the candidate will also have knowledge in the following areas:
- Investment process: risk management, investment solution design, portfolio construction, strategic asset allocation
- Experience in working in a collaborative project environment, managing multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. quant, technology, business analysis, etc.)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.