Asset Management, Private Bank - Lender (French Speaking), Edinburgh
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P Morgan
- 26 Sep 16
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking.
The Global Wealth Management business offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. JPMorgan Private Bank was recognized in 2015 by Euromoney as the world’s best global private bank, with more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries.
J.P. Morgan International Bank Limited (JPMIB) is the primary entity which is used to provide private banking services to ultra high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA region, excluding Switzerland. It is also the entity which provides banking, trading, and brokerage and custody services to clients of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) in Asia. JPMIB is a UK bank and is regulated by the PRA and FCA; it operates out of its UK head office with branches in Brussels, Frankfurt, Madrid and Milan.
Responsible for managing a loan portfolio within the Centralized Lending Team ("CLT" is the private bank's center of excellence for underwriting loans that are fully secured by marketable securities). The role includes analyzing, negotiating, pricing and documenting lines of credit and standby letters of credit. Also includes the review of other transactions that have an element of credit risk (including derivatives such as equity collars and interest rate swaps).
- Interact with internal partners (Bankers, Investors, Capital Advisors) and private clients to deliver the best fully secured credit product solution with a sound credit structure.
- Maintain a consistently high level of awareness around any potential credit issues and to resolve exceptions as soon as possible. These exceptions include effectively managing under margin situations, past review facilities, past due principal/interest and documentation exceptions.
- Take into account the risk/reward proposition when negotiating loan rates and must employ a discipline around loan pricing and structure.
- Prepare credit memos which should completely outline the proposed credit structure including accurate risk rating assessment and any potential collateral issues (ex. concentrations).
- Ensure follow up on all relevant open items and transactional issues, e.g. documentation, covenants, etc.
- Ensure all new credit requests and annual reviews are completed in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor degree in a related field/or a relevant qualification or experience
- Strong private banking/asset management, and some credit/lending experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- General understanding of financial markets and securities industry
- Ability to work well in an integrated team
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- English and French speaker (supporting our French business)
- Italian, Spanish or German would be an asset
JP Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JP Morgan is an equal opportunity employer