Support Engineer - Team Lead
- Location: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: £220 - £270 per day
- Job Type: Full time
IT Support Engineer, Team Lead urgently needed in Cambridge for a long term contract. Hands-on role so strong experience in IT support/system engineering is a must. Team lead experience preferred. Immediate start. £220-£270/day.A large tech company based in Cambridge is in need of a strong Support Engineer to join the regional service desk team as a team lead. There has recently been a huge increase in demand as the business has grown which is why the role has opened. This will be a long-term contract expected to extend multiple times or potentially go permanent. This is a very hands-on role and will see you dealing with a multitude of tickets with the added responsibility of driving the team. There is a large variety of environments and although there are strong support teams you would be expected to deal with the majority of issues thrown your way. The environment is a blend of Unix, Linux and Windows so mixed experience is preferred.
Skills Needed for System Engineer
- Broad and detailed knowledge & Experience within IT Support issues & solutions.
- Strong experience with Unix, Linux and or Windows.
- Team leadership experience.
- Strong hands-on support experience.
- excellent communication skills.
If this long term contract sounds like a strong new opportunity for you then please send an up to date Word document copy of your CV to Connor.Scarlett(at)SelbyJennings.Com