MI & Controls Accountant (12 month FTC)
- £34,856 - £43,570 + 10% Bonus + Benefits
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Phoenix Group
- 22 Sep 16
Are you an effective communicator with strong relationship management skills?
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of putting your analytical expertise to the test in a unique setting, with the UK’s largest Closed Life and Pension Fund Consolidator and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’. You can help us deliver the best service to our customers by joining our Lie Finance function.
£34,856 - £43,570 + 10% Bonus + Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Reassurance is an ever evolving department responsible for managing financial relationships with reassurers and Outsourced Service Providers; providing oversight and MI; working closely with other departments to provide tailored solutions to meet project deliverables and administering material contracts on a day to day basis. Reporting to the Reassurance Accounting Manager, this role is responsible for the governance and oversight of our outsourcers and reinsurers, monitoring incidents and issues and working collaboratively to maintain positive relationships and deliver effective results.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Producing and reviewing accurate and timely MI to monitor outsourcer activities
- Representing the function and actively contributing to relationship meetings onsite and offsite with representatives from outsourcers and reassurers
- Managing the incidents/audit process for the team ensuring that incidents are captured in a timely manner and provide challenge accordingly
- Managing the workload, personal development and training of the MI & Controls Accounting Analyst
Who You’ll Be:
- Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant
- Experience of working within an outsourcer model, ideally within a large, regulated organisation
- Demonstrable relationship management skills
- A strong communicator with the ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- An analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- People management experience is desirable but not essential
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midday Monday 19th September 2016.