Finance Business Partner
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Phoenix Group
- 29 Sep 16
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of applying your Business Partnering knowledge and expertise in a unique setting, with the UK’s largest Closed Life and Pension Fund Consolidator and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’. We’re industry experts, but we’re always looking for ways to be better. You can help us deliver the best service to our customers by joining our team.
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Based in our ServCo Performance team and reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, your role will be to support and challenge the Operations Director and his reports to deliver shareholder value whilst protecting policyholder returns through a clear understanding of all activities, cost drivers and income within Operations.
The role will involve:
- Being the primary line of financial support for the income and cost base underlying the Operations Division challenging stakeholders to ensure an efficient operating model
- Producing and supporting the delivery of a customer focussed finance service during the Month End process ensuring that the cost base and relevant income is accurate and accounted for correctly through effective review and challenge
- Working closely with senior stakeholders and their direct reports to produce robust forecasts during the forecast and annual budget processes to give an accurate view of the expected Year End position for the Operational functions
- Owning the full end to end finance activities for Phoenix Group Management Services Ireland operations, processing accounting transactions, producing MI, and supporting the Financial Reporting Team and MD for Ireland Operations for all reporting purposes
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders, facilitating communication and resolving relevant issues
Accustomed to delivering accurate outputs, on a right first time basis, you should be a fully qualified and commercially astute accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a background of working within regulated organisations, who can demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a business partnering role with demonstrable experience of working alongside senior management in a cost focussed environment
- Strong commercial and business awareness
- System savvy, experience of using Oracle and TM1 is desirable
- Strong Excel modelling skills with good MS Office skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence, communicate effectively and to explain accountancy terms to non-accountants
We value our employees highly and have been one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the last 5 consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented teams. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as our incredible Wythall location and excellent rewards scheme), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we have gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 5th September 2016.