- £36,000 - £43,000 p/a + excellent benefits
- Andover, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- The Co-op group
- 23 Sep 16
As Britain’s biggest community retailer, at Co-op Food we believe in putting our customers, colleagues and communities at the heart of everything we do. We encourage colleagues to share their ideas to help us improve the way we work in our state-of-the-art distribution centres, and our depot finance teams have a key role to play in driving this vital change.
Now we’re looking to recruit a talented Finance Manager to join our Andover team, and work closely with operational leaders to drive the commercial performance of the depot. If you can bring us the amazing influencing skills we need, we can offer you the chance to make a serious impact, and build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a Finance Manager at Co-op Food, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of every financial system, process and decision across our logistics operation. This is not just a desk job. We’ll look to you to get amongst our operational teams- understanding their challenges, and establishing yourself as their finance expert. You’ll face some challenging conversations. And you’ll need to be able to influence people in different ways. But if you can build great relationships, and educate our logistics teams on strong financial management, you’ll have an opportunity to drive some really exciting change.
Andover distribution centre
What you’ll do:
- Build strong relationships with logistics leaders- establishing yourself as a subject matter expert
- Analyse financial/commercial data to identify key insights, and use data to influence decision making and drive continuous improvement
- Challenge operational teams on budgets, commercials and KPIs, acting as a catalyst for change across the depot
- Work to strict reporting deadlines for data, regarding performance management and monthly accounts
To be successful as a Finance Manager, you’ll need broad commercial and financial awareness, as well as extensive management accounting experience. But strong technical skills alone won’t get you through. We’ll also need you to bring amazing people skills, with the ability to engage with and influence all kinds of stakeholders. Needless to say, analytical skills and a keen eye for detail are essential. And a passion for driving change and continuous improvement will ensure you thrive in our fast-paced environment.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience as an accountant (relevant qualifications would be a big advantage)
- Experience of managing a P&L, budgets, forecasts, KPIs etc
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interrogate data and use insights to drive decision making
- Great relationship management skills, with the ability to quickly establish credibility with stakeholders and influence their approach
We’re going back to being Co-op
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they’re stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that’s never been more important or relevant than it is today.
That’s why we’re going back to being Co-op. We want to change the world all over again, and we hope you’d like to join us on our journey. If you believe in our purpose, and you’re keen to make a big impact in a business that’s different to all the rest, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.