Senior HR Generalist
- Tunis, Tunisia
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 20 Aug 17
Proactively supports Head of HR, with a particular focus on recruitment activities, and contributes to the overall effectiveness of the HR function in order to ensure a customer centric delivery service, including recruitment, retention, compensation and benefits management, employee relations, policies & procedures, performance management, training, talent management, employee satisfaction surveys, succession planning.
Manages employee relations in compliance with the development and implementation of relevant strategies to maintain workplace relations and to attract,
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Supports the Head of HR and the senior management in the implementation of strategy and change management initiatives relevant to the HR function.
- development, succession planning, employee surveys (YES, e- Goals), skills gap analysis, and employee engagement.
- Proactively provides a comprehensive range of HR services within the HRRM function to ensure that business units are kept fully informed.
- Provides HR support and serves as a knowledge base to the units assigned under the matrix system.
- Supports the full life-cycle recruiting efforts and assists as required with recruitment execution
- Acts as the recruitment coordinator aligned to the business on a day to day basis, managing manpower requisition, job description, search, interview and approval processes.
- Provides consultation on HR policies and procedures to line management and individual staff members with regard to personnel issues and ensures equality and consistency in the management of people.
- Provides guidance to HR staff and line management in the application of employee relations policies and procedures and ensures that actions are in compliance with internal policies and procedures and the laws of Tunisia, including the employment law.
- Develops and prepares personnel policies and procedures and prepares updates to policy manual as necessary.
- Responsible for updating written materials as directed by Head of HR.
- Ensures that a “competency and objective setting” based performance appraisal system is maintained and provides guidance so that salary and bonus review is subsequently possible on an equitable basis.
- Works with Legal to prepare contracts
- Provides support to the Head of HR on matters related to the Nomination & Compensation Committee of the Board, including researching and writing of documents for submission and approval i.e. annual COLA, VCS distribution, executive recruitment.
- Supports the Head of HR in maintaining compliance with the regulatory requirements
- Participates in the salary and compensation review conducted every two years.
- Carries out a wide range of specific ad hoc projects of a confidential nature as required by senior management.
- Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Handles the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Contributes to regional / global projects associated with HR, Leadership and Talent Management in line with current or future changes in the group/HR strategy.
- Assists with a wide range of ad hoc projects as assigned by Head of HR or executive management.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
- Reporting to the Head of HR, the job holder assists with recruitment, employee relations, training and development processes
- Works closely with all Heads of departments and line managers to provide comprehensive HR services.
- Implements processes and procedures ensuring that HR practices are within the group’s HR policies and procedures.
- Participates in the provision of hands-on focus in terms of delivering HR solutions to business and support units.
- Ensures that existing and new HR policies and procedures comply with Tunisian regulations
- The most demanding part of this job is to ensure consistency and apply fair and equitable treatment and to maintain complete confidentiality on HR issues.
- Full range of HR functions in international, multicultural environment
- Very Good English language skills, French or Arabic an advantage
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree, Master preferred
- 5+ years in HR, minimum 5 in banking with an international bank
- Prior experience working in / across multi-cultural environments
- Strong interpersonal and intuitive skills
- Passion for excellence
- Ability to interact easily and effectively at all levels in multicultural & multinational environment
- Outstanding communication skills, with particular emphasis on writing skills
- Time management skills with ability to plan and coordinate work activities and develop realistic action plan to ensure deliverables by deadline
- Professional, extremely confidential, and diplomatic under all circumstances
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines