US Legal Counsel, WM and P&C
Are you a skilled US qualified lawyer with some experience or training in US regulatory matters? Do you have experience in advising Wealth Management businesses in how to navigate through US regulatory requirements? We are looking for someone like this to:
- assist in the establishment and maintenance of UBS policies, rules and procedures with regard to UBS Wealth Management and Private & Corporate Banking's (UBS WM and P&C) dealings with US persons globally, in close collaboration with external legal counsel, the UBS Compliance department and a variety of business representatives
- assist in advising the various UBS WM and P&C businesses with respect to dealing with the application of US regulatory requirements on a cross-border basis
- monitor changes in relevant US regulations and assess impact on UBS WM and P&C's dealings that may have US regulatory implications
- liaise with and manage external counsel
Your team :
The WM and P&C US Legal team is a small team of specialized US qualified lawyers based in Zurich and forms part of the larger Legal Wealth Management team focusing on international markets and cross-border regulatory matters. With its global mandate for its specialist areas of expertise, the team covers US legal and regulatory topics for UBS WM and P&C in Switzerland and the international Wealth Management locations, and provides legal coverage for UBS Swiss Financial Advisers AG, UBS's Zurich based subsidiary licensed as a securities dealer in Switzerland and as an investment advisor in the US.
Your experience and skills :
- a US law degree and admission to the bar
- 1933 Act, 1934 Act, Investment Advisers Act, CFTC regulations and US tax law experience or training
- practical experience in international banking or in an international law firm focusing on wealth management and/or regulation of financial institutions) is a plus
- interest in complex legal and regulatory issues
- ability to manage multiple internal and external interfaces
- ability to efficiently cooperate with and manage external legal counsel
- very strong analytical skills
- detail-oriented and capable of working under pressure and within deadlines
- self-motivated, naturally inquisitive, and a fast learner
- highly articulate, excellent in interpersonal interactions, able to influence and persuade
- honest, open for and willing to challenge, always striving for excellence
- fluent in English (additional languages, such as German, are an asset)
- collaborative on all levels and a team player
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.