Senior Data Architect # 085138
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse AG
- 22 Aug 17
Senior Data Architect # 085138
Are you passionate about data and systems design? We are looking for an enterprise data architect to join our group data architecture team within Group IT Strategy and Architecture. Given the bank's strategy and key regulatory drivers, a bank-wide approach to Data Governance and Data Architecture has never been more important and you will have the unique chance to play a key role in the continued development of this domain.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of bank-wide data architecture standards around topics like data modelling, data lineage, golden sources, implementation design patterns & best practices, tooling, etc. in a collaborative exercise with the divisional data architects and subject matter experts. Develop bank-wide adoption frameworks, coordinate the bank-wide adoption of the standards aligned to agreed priorities, and measure progress.
- Own the data governance meta-model and contribute to the development of data governance operating models. Work with bank-wide data architects, business architecture and CDO groups to further detail operating principles and interactions between central and federated groups towards data governance goals.
- Coordinate across global SMEs to identify and resolve strategic data design topics related to bank-wide data management. Contribute to the bank-wide Data Architecture Decision Board (Data Design Board - DDB) and participation in corresponding working groups partnering with the group CDO team as well as divisional CDO and Data Architecture teams.
- Closely liaise with SMEs to support maintenance and enhancement of the enterprise-wide data model and ontology. Manage the banks inventory of data models and help prioritize the book of work for model creation and maintenance. Assist maintaining the authoritative overview of golden sources and help driving the bank-wide mapping of data entities to systems and capabilities. Support bank-wide business and technical lineage solutions and perform vertical traceability between conceptual models and their physical implementations.
- Collaborate with divisional architecture teams to help drive the ongoing adoption of data architecture standards and best practices. Consult and educate the divisional teams on topics like data modelling, data lineage, traceability between models and other data architecture topics in general to ensure alignment across the bank. Provide data architecture expertise to upcoming and running projects.
- More than 5 years experience in a data architecture function with a strong focus on data modelling
- Excellent understanding of data architecture concepts in various domains from conceptual data architecture through to physical data model and message format.
- Hands on experience with Data Modelling tools (ideally Sparx-Enterprise Architect)
- Familiarity with Data Management and Data Governance Tools (e.g. Collibra, IBM Infosphere, Informatica Metadata Manager) beneficial
- Strong experience with physical database design and development
- Hands-on experience with business as well as technical lineage and related data lineage tools beneficial
- Experience working with financial industry data, such as reference, pricing or risk data
- Understanding of emerging trends in data technology, such as NoSQL databases, semantic technology, big data beneficial
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking combined with enough pragmatism to implement practical solutions
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Good stakeholder management skills, towards data architects, business SMEs as well as senior management
- University degree education ideally with focus on Information Technology, finance or business administration
- Fluent written and spoken English
Ms M. Eve (HLOF 42) would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.