Cash and Collateral Trader
- Adliswil, Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Swiss Reinsurance Company
- 20 Aug 17
Cash and Collateral Trader
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
Swiss Re is looking to strengthen its global Risk and Short Term Funding team and is looking for enthusiastic candidates for the position of Cash and Collateral Trader.
Based in Zurich you have the opportunity to contribute to the success of an international and dynamic team that manages short-term investments, FX swaps and all forms of collateral for Swiss Re Group out of New York, Zurich and Singapore.
Are you experienced in one or more of these areas and are looking to broaden your experience?
Main tasks will be:
Responsibility for the handling of one or more books:
- Securities Lending / Borrowing
- Repo / Reverse Repo (tri-party and bi-lateral)
- Position management
- Pricing responsibility
- Daily interaction with the market
Ensure use of collateral is optimized across insurance, derivatives, funding and yield enhancement.
Support and advise on collateral and liquidity aspects of large structured transaction.
Relationship management with international counterparts, banks and brokers ensuring that Swiss Re is optimally diversifying its contacts, flows and credit risks in the market.
Ensure liquidity is optimally invested or raised.
Liaising closely with peers in NYC and Singapore and working with stakeholders in Cash Management, Operations, Credit Risk, Legal & Compliance and IT.
About the team
The Risk and Short Term Funding Team is a small, passionate, international team within Swiss Re's Group Treasury. Our team is globally responsible for allocating the Group's collateral to the best possible use between transaction enabling and revenue generation. We are also responsible for investing short-term cash on a secured basis as well to fund any short-term cash need.
- Educational / Professional
- University degree (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a financial institution in one or more of the following domains:
- securities financing / collateral management / cash management
- short-term interest rates
- general trading or sales of financial products
- derivative collateral management (exchange traded or OTC)
- financial reporting / product control in a capital markets environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Ability to deal with pressure and deliver within tight deadlines
- Team focused, results-oriented
- System knowledge: MS Office including SharePoint
- Fluent spoken and written English skills, German desirable
Take a risk worth taking. Register and apply at
Reference code: 48841