Vice President - (Cyber Security Public Policy)
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 23 Jun 17
Vice President - (Cyber Security Public Policy)
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
The Global Information Security(GIS) - Senior Cyber Security Public Policy Analyst will develop, coordinate and support GIS's participation in cybersecurity policy initiatives with industry and government partners that enhance the sector and the Bank's ability to better perform its information security mission. This role will have extensive involvement with the Bank of America Corporation(BAC) Public Policy Team and supporting the strategic engagements identified by GIS leadership, BAC Public Policy and GIS Compliance in the APAC Region.
Responsibilities / Deliverables:
- Develop cybersecurity policy proposals and initiatives that enable the sector and Bank's ability to perform its information security mission
- Support and coordinate GIS's participation in financial sector policy initiatives and activities
- Supports the development and implementation of a strategic engagement strategy with trade associations, sector partners, industry influencers, and government stakeholders in coordination with BAC partners.
- Engages with Business Information Security Officers to understand the needs of the lines of business and policy issues affecting the lines of business.
- Coordinate the development and communication of GIS's position on cybersecurity policy developments
- Develop background and briefing materials for senior leadership's participation in cybersecurity policy engagements
- Develop materials for internal stakeholders outlining cybersecurity policy and media developments
- Work with Communications partners on talking points related to cybersecurity policy
- Manage operational risks through coordination on multiple projects with Policy, Compliance, and Legal partners
- Experience with cyber security public policy issues
- Previous knowledge of and experience engaging in critical infrastructure protection processes
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a matrixed reporting environment
- Strong analytic skills and fact-based decision making
- Proven ability to communicate complex information in simple terms (oral and written)
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize requests and workload accordingly
- Influence horizontally and vertically across the organization and diverse audiences
- Exhibit strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Prepares effective PowerPoint slides to present analysis and other information
- Experience working with multiple government agencies, senior executives, and private sector entities, such as trade associations and Fortune 500 companies
Desired Job Skills:
- Operational Risk Management - the successful candidate will be able to manage multiple projects in close coordination with BAC Policy, GIS Compliance, and legal counsel.
- College Degree - B.A or B.S. required, advanced degree preferable.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated Experience with Project Planning with a particular focus on the ability to properly scope a project, as well as set goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical line of business owners and risk partners.
- Demonstrable experience with communicating effectively
- Familiarity with cybersecurity stakeholder groups
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting Date: 12/06/2017
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40