VP, Project Manager, Institutional Banking Group Technology, Technology & Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 28 Jun 17
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Provide Project Management for the delivery for the projects
- Liaise with vendors and development team resources in DAH2 for project delivery
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to provide solutions, efforts sizing and functional and design specifications for business initiatives
- Liaise with Business/Ops on projects – from conceptualization to implementation
- Work with Project Management Centre and IBGT PMO for project governance
- Track financials and work closely with Business Unit Controllers for financials matters
- Create core work projects and inspect other work products
- Serve as liaison between Business, Ops and project team
- Support Group Audit on their involvement in projects
- Present to Sponsors and Project Steering Committee
- Manage the testing automation delivery for the projects to reduce time to test and create productivity saves in testing resources
- Realize the benefits of testing automation
- Maintain oversight of post-production issues & track them to closure
- Manage any overrun of delivery in terms of cost & schedule overrun. Actively implement mitigating actions to avoid delays OR reduce impact of delays.
- Manage with the stakeholders the pipeline of work and the delivery based on the resources available.
- Ensure the smooth operational rollout of projects to customers
- Act as a Project Manager for Projects involving Technology platforms and cross-department coordination
- Be the single point-of-contact for Business/Ops for the project
- Be the single point-of-contact for DBS to all vendors/service providers in relation to the project
- Develop efficient working relationship and good interactions/communication with the various stakeholders/departments
- Report regularly to the management and stakeholders on the project status
- Previous experience in managing large, multi-vendor project implementation is a requirement. This should include projects that involve delivery across multiple platforms and technical interfaces.
- Previous vendor management experience is necessary
- Ability to manage & oversee delivery from overseas hubs
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent, with minimum 10 year’s experience in IT Systems, of which minimum of 5 years should be in a Project Manager role. At least 5 years of experience in the banking domain is required.
- PMP certification or have a similar form of accreditation is an advantage
- Should be a self-starter who can pick-up things quickly and learn on-the-job.
- Ability to manage a team of resources while helping them with issues/ escalations and decision making to keep moving ahead.
- Previous experience on applications analysis, design and development of IT systems that involves technical interfaces across multiple systems.
- Should have had prior experience in development & production support functions
- Agile ScrumMaster certification is an advantage. Familiarity with the agile methodology of delivery will be preferred.
- Experience in Java based projects will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of databases like Oracle/ MS SQL will be required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.