VP - Business Risk & Compliance - New Private Bank
- Up to S$180,000 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Sep 17
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a strong wealth management business franchise, helping them to run their First Line of Defence (Business Risk & Compliance) operations in Singapore.You will be responsible for managing the delivery of private banking risk & compliance control functions, achieving operational efficiency of end to end workflows within the business franchise. Additionally, you are expected to manage a small team to achieve operating goals and objectives of the business. In return, you will enjoy an attractive annual remuneration of up to S$180,000.
You will be responsible for:
- You will support the business risk frameworks by providing advice on key risk controls and actively seek to enhance the process to be robust and efficient.
- You will be required to execute daily compliance functions not limited to the review of client/counterparts /service providers due diligence, risk assessment and on-boarding account documentation/agreements; periodic review and transaction monitoring activities.
- By conducting reviews and assessing the effectiveness of risk controls, you will ensure that they are adequate. You will support Business Risk management on the implementation implications of new global policies and regulations.
- You will support Operations with internal and regulatory audits throughout preparation, remediation and tracking stages.
- Assess the business impact in regulation changes; organize the implementation process and deliver in the business platform effectively with complete documentation
What do you need to succeed?
- Educated to Degree (or equivalent) level
- Proven experience within Private Banking operations, particularly within compliance, risk management and/or internal audit
- Familiar with local and international regulations related to compliance functions (e.g. MAS Notice 626 on Preventing Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism for Banks, PDPA, FATCA)
- Experience in managing a team of at least 3 staff
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to read Chinese, to work with North Asian clients/entities
Kindly indicate your current/last salary details and also your notice period
Office Location: Central
Interested candidates kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ng Se Wei, Reg No: R1110161).
All information will be kept strictly confidential. We regret to inform that only successful applicants will be contacted.