- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Jul 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Project Test Management and Delivery
- Responsible for test project engagements including scope confirmation and approval from relevant stakeholders, through agreed SOW or scope paper.
- Responsible for advising test approaches, and/or by producing the test strategies and/or test plans with development teams and business stakeholders.
- Ensure tests are designed & executed as per the quality framework and processes, and under the governance structure agreed with all stakeholders in the test strategies and test plans.
- Comply with testing and software configuration processes for the engaged test projects.
- Responsible for test coordination, control/monitoring and delivery (and closing) of the engaged project.
- Run project with planning, tracking and status reporting in line with test processes defined by TDE and SCB.
- Drive or participate in incidents review, daily and weekly status meetings and acceptance activities.
- Drive test issue resolution (jointly with the engaged project manager) to closure.
- Responsible for producing the final test reports, test metrics, plus any relevant documentation.
- Proactive recognition of project changes, risks mitigation and planning, and tracking of mitigation actions.
- Analyze and propose changes involving test management, process and standards to maximize efficiency.
- Identify and source for test resources (manpower, test equipment, etc.) to achieve the committed project deliverables
- Conduct review and knowledge sharing sessions (with project and TDE) upon the successful completion of the project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Domain/Portfolio Management and Engagement
- Contribute in identifying applications and projects where TDE can be engaged to provide end-to-end testing services.
- Works closely with project managers to understand areas where TDE will be able to value add in the test project.
- Understand the dynamics (and constraints) of the engaged test project, and ensure that the test team is adequately prepared.
- Identify skill gaps and ensure appropriate training is provided prior to the start of testing.
- Retain and widen the knowledge pool of the testing team within the domains.
- Ensure that best practices are documented and shared across TDE.
Process and Compliance
- Good understanding and able to apply test processes laid down within TDE, and/or standards as defined by project and SCB.
- Contribute in implementing of standardized testing framework within systems development on test process, templates, tools, etc.
- Contribute in developing application engagement models - generic and specific.
- Contribute in identifying and managing test process improvement initiatives to maximize efficiency.
- Comply with all applicable rules and regulations including group policies.
- Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by QMF).
- Upholding the values of the group and company at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- Develop project effort estimation, to be agreed with the engagement project manager.
- Manage the engaged test project within the agreed cost, else with the necessary approval obtained
- Manage testing budgets, and identify areas of improvement to achieve cost reduction. Manage and minimize possible/anticipated team's downtime.
Customer and Service Focus
- Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
- Establish relationship with key business users and stakeholders, in order to raise the awareness and visibility.
- Establish a close working rapport with project manager to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
- Ensure that the test teams and stakeholders are involved during the entire test project progress.
- Ensure the support provided to other teams and transitions is of the highest quality.
Leadership and Team Building
- Responsible for staff management aspects, inclusive of recruitment, talent development, knowledge retention, etc.
- Build a team of competent and right skilled resources for delivering test projects efficiently.
- Manage attrition so that there is (a) no intellectual loss, and (b) no project impact due to attrition.
- Manage test resources (and team morale) to ensure highest level of engagement possible.
Quality, Cost and Speed to Market Focus
- Proactive participation or follow-up in the project post-implementation or production issues, if any.
- Reduce the testing costs and cycles by ensuring adequate use of tools, as well as use of re-usable components.
- Continuous improvement in productivity to the standards prescribed in QMF Lite (or SCB approved process)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 25/07/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.