Technical Business Analyst (Exchange Traded Derivatives)
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 28 Sep 16
Technical Business Analyst (Exchange Traded Derivatives)
FIS are currently looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join a growing and established BA team who are leading experts in their field. You will be the vital link between Exchanges and our middle office product business objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks.
Each Business Analyst (BA) is designated as the subject matter expert for Stream Gateway (SGW) product on a subset of markets in the region she/he is located. Stream Gateways are the market specific layer interfacing Stream products (Stream ClearVision, Stream UBIX, Stream GMI, in-house client systems …) with exchange clearing systems.
As a Business Analyst you shall be working in work with the Delivery Manager, Technical Staff and Client Services to facilitate the development and release of programs in their areas of expertise. They provide input throughout the software development life cycle of Stream Gateways: functional training/clarification to Dev/QA/Project/Support teams, point of contact for these teams to channel communications with exchanges; review QA test Plan and Technical Release Notes as to ensure clarity on the functional aspects, etc. basically acting as a general resource for fellow employees within the delivery group.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Scope functionalities to be supported by SGWs for any system interfacing with the SGW
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Make recommendations regarding internal/external evolution requests
- Maintain and develop business relationships with Exchanges including monitoring of new announcements and proactive assessment of the product impacts.
- Collaborate with development team and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Ensuring continuity in DEV and QA processes as a Subject Matter Expert
- In charge of training & handover to DEV and QA project team, by relaying functional and high level technical specifications. Also involved at a later stage of the project to validate QA plan coverage.
- Owner of the client documentation
- Present new releases to client services teams
- Provide assistance to Level 1 / Level 2 Support teams
- Solid technical background, ideally some software engineering experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Thorough understanding of SDLC process
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Self-motivated, methodical and analytical oriented mind
- Proven record in terms of technical "awareness" (exposed to various technologies, where without being an expert, they can explain the main concepts).
- Autonomous and self-driven to provide solutions: product experimentation, testing and autonomy in terms of finding solution around the systems and their limitations. The candidate should not be afraid of getting involved with the product.
- Thorough functional knowledge of ETD products: futures and options
- Exposure to ETD Clearing Houses API Systems (ICE, CME, EUREX, HKEX, TSE, SFE …) and the message protocols used to represent ETD flows (FIXML/FIX)
- Working with offshore teams
- Project management skills
FIS' solutions for capital markets help banks, broker-dealers, futures commission merchants and other financial institutions improve the efficiency, transparency and control of their trading and processing. From market connectivity, trade execution and securities financing to accounting, data management and tax reporting, our solutions provide cross-asset support for the entire trade lifecycle. We help our customers increase efficiency, make more informed decisions, improve their use of capital and manage risk more effectively. For more information, please visit www.sungard.com/capitalmarkets
FIS has acquired SunGard. Pushing the pace of financial technology, together we'll help our clients solve technology challenges for their business - whether it's capital markets in Mumbai or community banking in Macon.
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 55,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
Learn more at http://www.fisglobal.com/ www.fisglobal.com
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Please note all offers are contingent on successfully passing the pre-employment checks. These may include:
- Previous Employment
- Highest Education
- Career Gap Analysis
- Extended Blacklists
- Credit Check
- Basic Criminal
This list is not exhaustive.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability