Software Engineer (Java)
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Retail Digital Channels development engineering team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise with UI / UX, Platform services & Big Data systems integration and technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- The 3 Cs are very essential at a bare minimum in order of priority- Character, Consistency & Competency.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of software design and development experience. (Technically Outstanding candidates / Fresh out of college with less years of experience will be also be considered, preferably the ability to showcase GitHub repositories / prototypes, Hackathon award holders )
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in building large scale applications using open source technologies.
- Full Stack Software Development experience in of large scale mission critical applications.
- Strong on elegant coding can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Git and Docker.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Strong HTTP & web-security concepts around authentication, authorization, SSO, Digital Certificates, SSL, Kerberos
- Knowledge and exceeding levels of hands on competency with Unix/Linux
- JBOSS FUSE 6.2, Java 1.7 / 1.8, JSON / JSON SCHEMA / JSON API,
- CXF, XML, Web Services / Micro Services, J2EE 1.7,
- Oracle 11g / 12 (SQL), IBM MQ / Active MQ, JMS Web methods,
- Camel, OSGI (using blueprint), Spring, REST
- Design patterns, Integration patterns, Multi-threading
- JUNIT, Cucumber (Gherkin) & JRub
- Design and coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base or equivalent
- Demonstrated hands on experience building Big Data solutions. Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem - Spark, HBase, MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka etc.
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop distributions Spark streaming, Kafka, NoSQL data warehouses such as Hbase, MongoDB and data processing frameworks like Apache Nifi.
- Hands on experience on Scala/Java etc.
- Understanding of Machine Learning libraries like Spark MLib
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is01/11/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.